I'm using my curve 8300 and I can't get applications to work. I dont have a data plan so i cant use OTA so when i put the JAD on my memory card and go to open it on my phone i get the download failed : 907 invalid COD error message. Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install BBM 5.0 and also the force radio on application.

Thanks
    10-11-09 03:21 PM
    You can't load JAD files that way. JAD files are meant to be installed OTA. You can only install them from the Media Card if you also have the COD file to go along with the JAD.

You also can't use BBM without a BlackBerry Data Plan, so what would be the point of installing it on a device without a Data Plan.
    10-11-09 03:59 PM
    so i need a COD along with my JAD to work? I geuss i have a data plan, its just unlimited bbm/instant messaging how do i get the COD's with the jad?
    10-11-09 05:10 PM
    If you downloaded BBM 5.0, all of the files you need should be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 05:27 PM
    can anyone help me out?
    10-11-09 05:43 PM
    somebody please help me i need to learn how to properly install applications with my memory card
    10-12-09 10:41 AM
    You have to remember that there is a search service that you can you can use here at crackberry!...

A quick search came up with these threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...ad-file-91779/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/jad-jar-files-59538/

you can also try searching google or yahoo as well...

A quick google search came up with these:
    FAQ: Install JAR / JAD Files From Your SD Card Or Internal Memory | BerryReview.com �
    Install jad files on BlackBerry Storm Bold

I think allot of people get jad and jar files mixed up. As I understand it the jad file is nothing more than installation information and the jar or cod file is what actually contains the app...

Any how...good luck
    10-12-09 11:12 AM
    AN alternative is to download them to your computer and use an .alx file through desktop manager. This will eliminate the need to put them on your SD card and save space for the stuff you actually want on there like pictures and music or whatever suits your needs.
    10-12-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD