I can view messages and compose SMS, but if I am on a call, I can't view SMS's. I always have been. Do I need to receive an SMS while on a call to be able to view the SMS folder? I'm sure I could start testing this out....but I wasn't sure if anyone knew an easy fix that to View Messages in Call would go to SMS. Really, I thought it always worked this way. What if I delete the messages folder? I don't really need it. My missed calls go to the SMS,and then I have email (2) folders for emails.

I have looked through the threads and don't see an answer to this question, but I am sorry if I just overlooked it. Any help is appreciated.
    12-19-08 04:35 PM
    If it was working before and not working now, try a battery reset to see if this helps. Let us know and we will work from there.
    12-19-08 04:37 PM
    Ok, in the process now. Thank you.
    12-19-08 04:39 PM
    PS, you can just hide the messages icon, I dont know, or think you can permanently delete it.

I just left myself a SMS from my fiances phone, then called myself (heh) and I am able to view the address book, and messages folder, however, since I was using his phone to call mine, I dont remember if I can view a sms when it comes in, or not, i want to say if I remember right I am able too.

So, I just typed that for nothing LOL
    12-19-08 04:44 PM
    Ok, I called myslef from the house phone and while on a call view messages brings me to the messages folder. I can compose SMS, and then it brings me to the SMS folder. I escape out and view messages and brings me to the message (email) folder.
    12-19-08 04:45 PM
    hahaha! I think I need to text myself from another phone while I'm talking to myself on the house phone.....I'm pretty sure I can view an SMS when on a call. BRB.
    12-19-08 04:46 PM
    Yeh I think you can too, I had some good news back in september, so I was on the phone to BFF and was getting texts from someone else at the same time, and I remembger being able to see em and reply
    12-19-08 04:50 PM
    While on a call, I can view the SMS folder by going to the homescreen and then clicking SMS or I can view messages and then view folder and chose SMS, but I never had to do all that ever...never ever!! I also tried texting myself while on a call from another phone and there being a text didn't default to the SMS folder.
    12-19-08 05:08 PM
    yes you can view sms while on call you can send sms too while on call
    and you dont have to get an sms to be able to get to it
    while on call jit the back arrow , this will promt a message if you want to exit to main screen, say yes, from there you will be able to click on your sms folder and bingo , you are good to go
    12-19-08 05:08 PM
    yep, I just remembered that ...

I try to not to check or answer texts on a call, I dont like doing that to the person Im chattin too, so Ive done it once like I said in September when I had some news to share lol
    12-19-08 05:09 PM
    I also don't make it a habit of texting while on a call....I saw a post a few days ago and orignally thought that this was the topic, but it was about actually sending texts while on a call and not viewing them. A friend had called for an address that was sent to me via text and I was trying to get that for her....and I have maybe once or twice looked at my texts while my mother talked my ear off about nonsense....

Thanks for all the input!!
    12-19-08 05:17 PM
    LOL anytime.
    12-19-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD