I have a tmo 8320. It's running the most recent 4.5 os. I've had problems before with constant hourglass and taking forever. Someone tipped me off to delete some logs since it's a personal phone. Worked great!

Today I have been trying for over an HOUR to use phone and I just keep getting the hourglass. I've tried the soft reset and battery pulls. I did get a white screen that said "error 200" or something similar, I know 200 was the number listed.

I installed Earthcomer the other day but haven't used it. I've figured I am not going to and was prepared to remove it today, now I am wondering if this is the program causing me problems!

Advice before I take my circular saw to my beloved berry?
    01-20-09 09:28 AM
    Do you have facebook installed ? If so get rid of it and what is your file free under options status ?
    01-20-09 09:42 AM
    No facebook. I learned that one a while back.

Can't get to file free!
    01-20-09 09:46 AM
    Ok pull your battery with the phone on it should give you some time to delete that app
    01-20-09 09:49 AM
    Yea i was going to say it might be because you have no free file memory like cheels said. You should def check that out and then uninstall any unneeded apps just to be safe. Other than that a battery pull usually fixes the hour glass problem unless it's something more substantial that is wrong with the device.
    01-20-09 10:11 AM
    Ok, I've got that app off. Im at 1264423 bytes of free memory. I don't have much in my email boxes, nothing with attachments.

Not getting the hourglass now. I can breathe again
    01-20-09 10:40 AM
    Ok, I've got that app off. Im at 1264423 bytes of free memory. I don't have much in my email boxes, nothing with attachments.

Not getting the hourglass now. I can breathe again
    You always want to keep you file free above 12mb to prevent this problem. You may want to consider removing some of your lesser used apps and any extra 3rd party themes. If you don't have a memory card then you may want to get one and move your pictures, mp3s, etc over to it.

This will also help.
    How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    01-20-09 10:46 AM
    Try running crackmem and following Reeds advice on how to free up memory. I'm running at 26 with a lot of apps open and running. I don't know the link so hopefully someone can help out with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 10:55 AM
    I'll try that crackmem when i get home tonight.

I did see some photos stored on my berry instead of the media card. How do I move those?
    01-20-09 11:09 AM
    Highlight the photo hit the menu button then move. Here's the link that contains crackmem http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD