My wife just got a 8330 and Im trying to learn how to trick it out for her. I have looked around and have a couple of questions. Is there any way to send text to 50 contacts at once or a program I can install on my desktop computer to make it even easier. I also noticed in my reading that sprint runs CDMA and most of the world runs GSM. Is it recommended that I choose a carrier that uses GSM for travel to Europe and for when I unlock the phone after my contract is up. Unlocking is only for changing carriers not free service right? Are there any downsides to bringing an unlocked phone to a new carrier? I believe sometime in the near future that this strangle hold the American carriers have on its customers will be no more as it is in Europe or like a house phone. Thanks for your help guys(and gals).
    10-13-08 09:59 AM
    You can create a group of contacts & send out many sms's at once that way. As for your other questions: not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 10:02 AM
    You can create a group of contacts & send out many sms's at once that way. As for your other questions: not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you(or anyone else) know what the is at once?
    10-13-08 11:00 AM
    "Is it recommended that I choose a carrier that uses GSM for travel to Europe" - yes, only GSM works in Europe
    "Unlocking is only for changing carriers not free service right?" - right
    "Are there any downsides to bringing an unlocked phone to a new carrier?" - no
    10-13-08 11:07 AM
    I use Outlook to create groups, that is synchronize with my devices and works well. You can also do it from Address Book. Press Menu and select New Group, press Menu and select Add Member.

CDMA and GSM are competing cellular technologies. At one time CDMA was superior and has a strong foothold in North America. GSM has evolved to EDGE, there is little practical difference now.

Unlocking only applies to GSM phones with SIM cards. CDMA phones do not have to be unlocked, it is just a matter of your carrier authorizing the device.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-13-08 at 01:12 PM.
    10-13-08 12:38 PM
    What program do you use to sync it? Can you send text from your desktop through your phone? Whats address book? Thanks again
    10-13-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD