Is there anyway, that I can get any of my songs from iTunes onto my bb?
    02-18-09 12:28 PM
    Burn them to a cd, then save them from the CD to your pc and then put them on your media card via mass stoarge mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 12:31 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

Your Music on Your BlackBerry Smartphone. It’s That Simple.
    Sync your desktop iTunes� music files with your BlackBerry� smartphone. BlackBerry� Media Sync makes getting more from your music quick and easy!1,2,3,4 Want a specific playlist for the gym? With just a few simple clicks, you can choose the playlists you want from your collection.

Files that are not compatible with the BlackBerry media player or protected files controlled by digital rights management technologies cannot be copied.
    Best part, it is free.
    02-18-09 12:33 PM
    Reed: Would the info you send me at bb INclude mp4?

Tae: Burning cd's that in mp4 would work? What about putting them on a flash drive and then dragging and dropping?

I htought mp4's or drm songs would not work....?
    02-18-09 12:36 PM
    M4P files will not work. M4A will work. MP3 will work.

Burning a CD directly from iTunes and re-ripping the songs as MP3 will work.
    02-18-09 06:22 PM
    Mp4's nor DRM music will not sync. I just used Media Sync for the first time today and sync'd my entire itunes library on my memory card. It was such a piece of cake. I just regret not having done that sooner.
    02-18-09 06:56 PM
    There is an app that allows you to sync your ipod with your BB I had it on m� curve but deleted it because I didn't have enough memory...

02-18-09 06:59 PM
    Songs purchased at the iTunes store will not play on your BB nor will they sync using BB Media Sync. Your options are 1) remove DRM using the method tae described of burning your music to a CD as MP3's or with many DRM removal apps that you can find with a search, or 2) upgrade you music to iTunes+, which gives you new copies of your songs without DRM. The upgrade is a one shot deal, you have to purchase your entire library. No picking and choosing.

iTunes no longer sells music with DRM.
    02-18-09 07:58 PM
    I have done it-this is wat I did and it worked with purchd ones also-open up ur bb dm-usb ur bb & go to the media sect- do not minimiz it just shrink the size of the screen but still be able to view ur media card- open itunes music sect-shrink screen so u can still see the songs AND ur media for bb-from itunes highlight-click n drag it over to the media card for ur bb-it will ask u to copy as it is-ok- & it'll drop it onto ur bb card. Wen ur done close out itunes - disconnect bb from dm- then ck ur media. I've done it that way & its word for me! Good luck!

02-18-09 08:48 PM
    I installed my flash drive, went to one of my itunes songs, m4p, copied it, and pasted it into my flash drive no problem..

hooked up the bb via the data cord.

pasted the song into the music folder no problem

Come to play the song it says

Unable to display file.. media card/ BlackBerry/songs/01 (name of song) .m4p

Anyway around this? I really don't want to download a drm ripper or whatever it is.... It's not that important in the scheme of life.. Just wondering..

Thanks
    02-19-09 12:55 PM
    This is why I don't use iTunes or buy music from the apple store. Unless you only ever want to use an iPod, it's way too complicated to get your library to work on other devices. I also don't use any P2P software. I don't know whether it's ok to post how to get music in mp3 format here if it's not via pay services, but there are other completely safe methods of getting music in the right format.

02-19-09 01:11 PM
    No way around without removing DRM or upgrading to iTunes+.
    02-19-09 01:11 PM
    Whats itunes+?
    02-19-09 01:30 PM
    This is a BIG NO, There are onlyr tow ways to remove DRM so that the song can play on your BB

1. Record to CD then Rerip as MP3

2. Use some sort of DRM removal software.
    02-19-09 01:32 PM
    This is a BIG NO, There are onlyr tow ways to remove DRM so that the song can play on your BB

1. Record to CD then Rerip as MP3
    Is re-ripping the cd into mp3 that difficult? In some respects I'm Tech challenged
    02-19-09 01:40 PM
    Is re-ripping the cd into mp3 that difficult? In some respects I'm Tech challenged
    No its not, if you can burn a CD then you can do it.. Its the same thing.
    02-19-09 01:42 PM
    Those actually aren't the only ways to remove the DRM from a song.

02-19-09 01:43 PM
    No its not, if you can burn a CD then you can do it.. Its the same thing.
    Tae,

Why would burning a song to a cd work and putting a song on a flash drive NOT work?
    02-19-09 02:06 PM
    Tae,

Why would burning a song to a cd work and putting a song on a flash drive NOT work?
    because after you burn to cd, you have to rip to mp3 format. You only copied the same file from iTunes to the flashdrive then to your bb.
    02-19-09 03:19 PM
    IT's actually reimporting the music from the CD into iTunes just like if it was a CD you purchased.
    02-19-09 03:29 PM
    because after you burn to cd, you have to rip to mp3 format. You only copied the same file from iTunes to the flashdrive then to your bb.
    So what your saying its a 2 step process.

1. Burn desired songs to cd

2. Then somehow/someway convert the song(s) to mp3?
    2a. How would I do that assuming I have to?
    02-19-09 03:31 PM
    So what your saying its a 2 step process.

1. Burn desired songs to cd

2. Then somehow/someway convert the song(s) to mp3?
    2a. How would I do that assuming I have to?
    See my last post:http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/itu...ml#post1728726
    02-19-09 03:33 PM
    Fine.... I'll try it...... burn cd, save to comp, drag and drop into bb music folder... Alrighty then.......
    02-19-09 04:20 PM
    You need to add/expand the middle step.

1. Burn CD from iTunes

2. RIP the songs from the CD to MP3 format using some software. iTunes, Media Monkey, etc.

3. Drag and drop onto your BB music folder.
    02-19-09 05:56 PM
    I have stopped buying my music from itunes and now use amazon. It imports it into my itunes folder. When I open Media Sync, all the music I have purchased transfers over. Much easier for my simple mind.
    02-19-09 06:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD