hey guy,
    i got my brand new blackberry 8330 on 3/5 and i've updated the system software from 4.3 to 4.5. i downloaded a two apps: googletalk and gmail. i also setup blackberry desktop manager and setup the sync between my winxp and blackberry. so those are the only things i've done with it. but i have NOT setup bis or email. i'll just use the gmail app.

the phone seems like it started rebooting randomly last night so i re-installed the 4.5 system software this morning. and the phone still seems to reboot randomly. i got a text this afternoon and the phone rebooted. i got a phone call and it rebooted. sometimes it will just sit there and reboot randomly. the battery is fully charged.

so i pulled the battery out for a few minutes and hoped that would help. thus far i dont think its rebooted yet.

im new to blackberrys in general.

is there anything else i can do to fix this, if it happens again?

thanks all
    03-06-09 03:02 PM
    what version of 4.5 you running?
    03-06-09 03:04 PM
    i downloaded 4.5 last night and im assuming it was the latest version.

when i goto options>about:

v4.5.0.131(platform 3.4.0.25)
    03-06-09 03:12 PM
    have you tried wiping the handheld and reinstalling.?
    03-06-09 03:25 PM
    i thought thats what i did this morning. or did i not do that?

how do i go about wiping it completely? will i have to reactivate with sprint?

i dont need to worry about anything on the phone, i have everything saved in my outlook on my computer anyways so i can kill the blackberry and be fine.
    03-06-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD