I've had my Curve for right at 10 months now and it's been having more and more issues. The OS is 4.5.0.175 and I THINK that's the latest one. I just tried to get recent updates last night and was told there were none. Anyway...the phone is shutting off entirely and having to re-start sometimes 3 or 4 times each day. The other issue is that I am routinely receiving both emails and texts sometimes as much as 3 hours later than they were sent. I do have the insurance plan but yesterday Best Buy wanted me to make sure that I had the latest updates on the phone so I tried that last night but the phone has already powered down twice today. Anyone have similar issues? Should I just demand a replacement? Thanks for the help.

-Chris
    08-22-10 10:12 AM
    Sorry...my device is in fact the 8330 and NOT the 8900.
    Last edited by riverfever; 08-22-10 at 10:24 AM.
    08-22-10 10:15 AM
    Well what carrier is your phone from? I mean your carrier might have the 5.0 update but it doesn't really matter you can remove the vendor file from your computer and get the 5.0 update from Boost Mobile. I doubt its an issue with the operating system though, doesn't hurt to try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 11:42 AM
    Carrier is Sprint.
    08-22-10 12:14 PM
    What's your File Free?

Options > Status and read the third line
    08-22-10 12:20 PM
    Carrier is Sprint.
    Yes the latest OS for Sprint devices is 4.5, however google how to remove vendor.xml and then go to this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/latest-os-8330-os-v5-0-0-438-boost-mobile-multilanguage-412168/

Then install it onto your BlackBerry 8330 Device using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 12:43 PM
    File free is 30996978 bytes.
    08-22-10 02:26 PM
    Is the battery loose? If the battery is not making tight contact, and you slightly bump the device, the battery could lose contact and cause the device to reboot, like if you pulled the battery.

You also might want to clean the battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
    08-22-10 02:32 PM
    I had the problem of the BlackBerry rebooting when bumped or dropped when I had my old Metro PCS 8330m. I'm not really sure if there's anything to be done about it except to avoid bumping/dropping.

As for the OS issues, I'd upgrade to 5.0 or get one of the Nathanix 5.0 hybrids.

As for email arriving late, perhaps log into your BIS account and resend the service books with your Berry turned on. After you receive the confirmation messages, do a battery pull for good measure.
    08-22-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD