Alright I'm in abit of a pinch here and need some quality help...

Ive had my curve for 6 months now and for some reason now I cant sync my 8300 with my desktop which it had done in the past. When I plug in my phone to the usb going to my desktop, I get the typical plug as I should appearing next to the battery signal which now only last about 10 seconds or so before it goes away. On my desktop it doesn't pop-up or recognize my blackberry, but rather the arrow and the usb icon appears on the toolbar saying its ok to disconnect my mass storage unit, etc; almost as if it sees it and wants to disconnect right away. If I say ok, physically disconnect and reconnect it wont see it at all until I restart and the same happens all over.

Ive downloaded the lastest driver updates as well as the old and new desktop managers to no avail. Its definately a software issue bc I have two usb cords and it does the same thing for both. Any help ?
    04-24-08 06:20 AM
    Have you removed the battery in the 8100?
    04-24-08 06:37 AM
    I have a similar issue and have tried everything. USB was working now when I plug in I get unrecognized USB. Not the cable, pc, or DM as it works fine with my other Curve. The only thing TMO suggested is a wipe of the system, I am waiting to do this until I back up by hand all my data. If this does not work it is a hardware problem and TMO will replace the phone under warranty. .
    04-24-08 12:31 PM
    Wiped the phone and still nothing. Downloaded desktop software version 4.3 and the drivers. are there other options at this point ?
    Last edited by laserlike; 04-25-08 at 06:05 AM.
    04-24-08 05:30 PM
    wiped the phone and still got nothing. any help from here?
    04-25-08 06:05 AM
    I have had the same problem. Had some help from a couple of Crackberry members, and THOUGHT I had it fixed. What DID work for a whilte was being sure your USB cable is the only thing plugged into your port (no splitter). Then, I uninstalled the driver for the USB port, rebooted, and it worked for a while. It's worth a try. Another option--at least for backup--is to get an inexpensive Bluetooth USB device. However, you can't transfer programs, files (pictures, mp3's, etc.) to your BB.
    04-25-08 01:14 PM
    Phoenixbob, laserlike, vpwdoc: the situations you are all describing sound similar to the problem being discussed in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...-current-1671/

See if that helps.
    04-25-08 01:52 PM
    JeffH--I tried the suggestions on that link in the past with no luck. However, I have just contacted tech support at my carrier (ATT) an may have a solution. After I try it, I'll respond with the results.
    04-25-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD