I upgraded my curve 8310 last weekend and everything seemed to be working fine. However, now it looks like when viewing my email using HTML, I am unable to download the entire message. At the bottom of the email it indicates that I have more to download but when I click on "more" it does nothing. I also am unable to dowload some attachments that I was previously able to view with the old OS. I recently received a wav file and when I clicked on it to download it to my media card it put a red x next to the file. The same thing happened with the excel file.

I am assuming that the new version puts limitations on how much you can download to your blackberry. Is there anyway to get around this? Also how can I fix the email counter that is now saying I have 1 unread message but my mailbox is empty? I have tried taking the battery out, restarting the blackberry, deleting all my message and nothing fixes it.

Thanks for your help!!!!
    07-29-08 06:55 AM
    The latest 8310 OS is 4.5.0.55 and I have not had any of the issues you have talked about. Are you on BES or BIS? Have you deleted all service books from your device (except Provisioning and any BES book) and then resent from your carrier BIS site?
    07-29-08 07:26 AM
    This is a bug that has been reported by a very few people (myself included). You can see more details here.

And unfortunately 4.5.0.55 doesn't fix the problem yet.
    07-29-08 08:05 AM
    I am on BIS. I deleted all my service books and resent them. It fixed my issue with the unread email messages showing 1 unread message. However, it did not fix the issue with not being able to view some HTML email messages. As another user stated this must be a bug so I guess I am going to have to wait for the next version.

Thank you both for your help!!!

The latest 8310 OS is 4.5.0.55 and I have not had any of the issues you have talked about. Are you on BES or BIS? Have you deleted all service books from your device (except Provisioning and any BES book) and then resent from your carrier BIS site?
    08-06-08 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD