06-14-08 06:56 PM
    Of course you can say whatever you want

I wasn't being 100% serious- hence the "lol"- it just seems like people get offended when one person doesn't like their phone sometimes. All is fine and dandy
    I apologize ... I'm actually a bit tipsy and don't see smilies, lol.

I wasn't even taking offense to your question, either... forgive me?

06-14-08 10:12 PM
    I apologize ... I'm actually a bit tipsy and don't see smilies, lol.

I wasn't even taking offense to your question, either... forgive me?

Of course

I really wasn't trying to be mean to anyone! I'm just a light hearted poster....no harm, really!
    06-14-08 10:23 PM
    I wasn't referring to you.
    Oh I know. I was giving my perception of why you thought Jayden was getting defensive. It's just a friendly debate.
    06-15-08 12:13 AM
    I had the first gen iphone for almost 4 months and as much as i loved it.. theres alot it cant do. SO i started looking into what i could get that would be more practical for me. I just yesterday switched from my iphone to the blackberry 8330 with verizon. If you are a texting machine or do alot of emails like myself I highly recommend switching. The iphone was nice and dont dogg it by any means but for the monthly bill and what I use a phone for it wasnt practical. I type like 24/7 and the iphone is diffucult for that. the curve is awesome for emailing and texting, and its browser is decent. SO i would recommend the switch I have done it and I LOVE it!

fyi i had the curve before the iphone so i am not just rating it on a couple days use, lol ...
    06-15-08 05:59 AM
    An IPhone is just for play/show. Having a BlackBerry is like having your own personal assistant or secretary.
    06-15-08 07:05 AM
    iphone cool and snapy - i like the tricks, Curve, as they say it "Manages your life while you are busy living it..."
    06-15-08 07:14 AM
    I have a blackberry, Hubby has an I phone - Last night at dinner I asked to use his phone for looking up a movie on the internet (much faster and easier) But I need the thinks the blackberry has - Flash and zoom on camera, SD card - sending a picture for that matter!! lol
    06-15-08 07:53 AM
    i switched from the iphone to 8210 and never looked back.
    the iphone can do some pretty amazing things. its browser is unsurpassed. the ease of syncing with itunes.

but i could not stand the virtual keyboard. it would get hot from moderate use. and i was constantly cleaning the screen

bb is just better for practical use i think
    06-15-08 02:50 PM
    After owning my first bb for about 2weeks now, and my hubby having the iphone since it came out I've decided that the iphone is a better phone by far. Just read this forum! I've never seen so many issues with a phone. His may not have a flash or sd card.... but he never has to do a battery pull to fix an issue and has yet to call customer care for anything.
    The other day my phone did a shut down all by itself while I was on the phone.... I'm that much closer to switching
    06-15-08 04:04 PM
    I had an iPhone briefly, now I have a Curve. I vote for the Curve, here's why:

1. Curve is easier to hold
    2. Curve has copy/paste
    3. Curve has real push email that works
    4. I prefer Verizon to AT&T
    5. Curve is 3G *TODAY*

The iPhone will be 3G next month, but AT&T's 3G data and phone network is inferior to Verizon's. iPhone's only "push" email option is to use Yahoo (which works only some of the time) or now pay $99/year for MobileME. My Curve's push email just works 100% out of the box, all included as part of my Blackberry data plan. Typing is also a vastly superior experience on a Blackberry.

Good luck!
    06-15-08 04:23 PM
    After owning my first bb for about 2weeks now, and my hubby having the iphone since it came out I've decided that the iphone is a better phone by far. Just read this forum! I've never seen so many issues with a phone. His may not have a flash or sd card.... but he never has to do a battery pull to fix an issue and has yet to call customer care for anything.
    The other day my phone did a shut down all by itself while I was on the phone.... I'm that much closer to switching
    He may never have to do a battery pull, but I wonder why? Oh wait, you can't get to the battery on an iPhone, it's all tied up in the casing! How many times has he had to hold the reset button though? I know with mine I did a reset button hold more than I've had to do a battery pull on my 8330.
    06-15-08 05:13 PM
    He has never had to reset the phone ever... It has never needed to. And you can open the case to get to the battery and sim card with a paperclip

As for the Push emails......... I send him gmails all the time that go right to his phone, and I jumped on his internet the other day and checked my hotmail with out a problem

EDIT: Btw ... these phones are sooooo different - What is the deal with the which is better fight?? Is this like a high school rivalry??
    Last edited by New2BlackBerry; 06-15-08 at 10:42 PM.
    06-15-08 10:35 PM
    My sister got an iPhone to use for work. She hates it. Her messaging speed is really reduced thanks to the touch screen, and her typos are way up. I let her try out my BB Curve and she asked if I wanted to trade. I asked her if she'd like to be fitted with a straight jacket now or later. No way would I trade my BB for an iPhone.
    06-16-08 02:17 AM
    He has never had to reset the phone ever... It has never needed to. And you can open the case to get to the battery and sim card with a paperclip

As for the Push emails......... I send him gmails all the time that go right to his phone, and I jumped on his internet the other day and checked my hotmail with out a problem

EDIT: Btw ... these phones are sooooo different - What is the deal with the which is better fight?? Is this like a high school rivalry??
    How do you get to the battery? that takes some serious prying to do. I'd be afraid i'd break the phone.

You're right these phones are very different. iPhone fanatics and Blackberry fanatics like to have some friendly rivalry...I think it irks BB fans when iPhone fanatics say that the iPhone is going to put RIM out of business, which I believe is simply not true. That's like saying nokia is going to put motorola out of business IMHO.
    06-16-08 02:32 AM
    Lol, it's like watching Ford and Chevy people go at it!!
    We have 1 of each in our house, and I like having both around
    06-16-08 02:42 AM
    I gotta second jta1188, and ask, why not wait for the Bold? It should be available soon, at the most 2 months at AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 03:03 AM
    Well - thought I would just put in a little couple of pennies worth here if that is ok?

I dont have the iPhone - but do have a samsung F490i which is a close match. I had to get this as I am tied to a vodafone contract and they cant sell me the iphone os had to have their own eq!!!

Anyway that aside ... i have to say that the only thing that I enjoy with the curve more than the F490 is the keyboard, (and the email push as well) it is a fact that typing emails and even txts on a touch screen is a nightmare - the QWERTY keyboard of the Curve is a godsend .. type emails and texts with ease - of course there are a few other nice things as well, I like the look and feel of the curve better that the F490 (fits in the palm of your hand better for holding whilst typing) .. im a bit dissapointed with the alarms on the curve mind you - can only find the 1 and that is on or off (get the choice of weekdays or weeks but I wanted a single alarm the other day and had to modify the weekdays one - not good!!! (maybe someone knows how to keep that one but add another one too !!).

On the whole though - I have to say that I prefer the curve to the F490i and having had an iPhone (borrowed from a friend) for a week still prefer the curve - but as someone else has said here , it is very much users preference and you have to be happy with it yourself.

Clive
    06-16-08 05:32 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD