So today I went to my BestBuy in search of a high quality screen protector for my precious verizon Curve. Both guys in the mobile dept. HIGHLY recommended the InvisibleSHIELD, so I bought it at $19.95+tax. The package comes with a single shield for the pearl, 8830, and curve. I read the instructions twice carefully, had a friend help me, and even watched a youtube video to see how the application of it works. I placed it on the screen and flattened it...bubbles. The squeegee included is next to useless...it just smears the solution that I sprayed on the underside. It has you spray both sides of the film, but that liquid gets stuck underneath and looks nasty? Getting fingerprints on the shield were totally unavoidable. So now I'm stuck with a nasty shield and an unprotected BB...I am filing for the lifetime warranty tomorrow but it says does not protect against installation errors, so I'm not sure how much good it will do me? Any suggestions? I'm really bummed I want my baby protected and I am currently out 20 bucks.

Thanks,
    Caleb
    07-21-08 11:49 PM
    The buubles take anywhere from 24-48 hours to go away. If you do a warranty exhange, I would not tell them that is was a install issue and next time, buy Best Skins Ever Home Page Its like 6 or 7 bucks and pretty much the same exact film.
    07-21-08 11:53 PM
    BestSkinsEver.

Super easy, and I have used it on 4 phones now (2 of mine and 2 friends) and never had an issue.
    07-21-08 11:54 PM
    Alright thanks for the info guys. But also, even though I got rid of most of the bubbles, there was so much smearing underneath the film that there's no way time could magically make it shiny. The youtube video shows instant gratification.

youtube dot com /watch?v=F0dXE6J520w
    07-21-08 11:57 PM
    As reenee says, get your 20 back and buy a couple of
    BSE's. I have one on both phone and an MP3 player.
    07-21-08 11:57 PM
    I have an invisibleSHIELD, in fact I just got it less than a week ago. It was definitely a tedious install, but mine turned out great. That's a bummer that yours didn't work out and I hope you get your money back and find a solution for your protection needs!
    07-22-08 12:03 AM
    I just ordered a 2-pack of BSE screens for my phone, $7.99 incl. s/h not bad! That means I'll have to screw up a couple more times before I'm totally screwed lol. I think the application spray is what caused the most problems. My biggest issue is getting fingerprints on the adhesive side just before i apply it to the screen. Any suggestions on how to avoid this once I get my BSEs?
    07-22-08 12:09 AM
    My biggest issue is getting fingerprints on the adhesive side just before i apply it to the screen. Any suggestions on how to avoid this once I get my BSEs?
    Yeah, read the install instructions off the BSE website. I use Windex to keep my fingertips wet and to wet the adhesive side of the BSE. This allows it to slide around and the Windex dries clear after a couple of days.
    07-22-08 12:16 AM
    I applied my invisible sheild fine. First try I was a bit off center with the placement. I peeled it off, applied it again with my fingers moistened from the included liquid (also sprayed both sides of the sheild). And it went on with jus 1 tiny bubble right in the center. The guide said to leave my bb off for 24 hrs but I didn't. When I woke up the next morning the bubble was gone. Over a month later it looks great and I throw my phone in my pocket with no worries.

I would suggest being very patient with the application. There should be no reason you're getting a fingerprint on the sticky side

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 12:22 AM
    Thanks. But...what if it doesn't all clear up underneath? It will be a nasty mess and if I have to peel the film off the adhesive won't be too friendly. I'm really bad at these screen things but I need flush protection so I gotta figure something out.

07-22-08 12:23 AM
    I am still waiting on mine to come in. I hope its not that bad, I don't want any bubbles. Lol

07-22-08 12:39 AM
    My biggest issue is getting fingerprints on the adhesive side just before i apply it to the screen. Any suggestions on how to avoid this once I get my BSEs?
    Spray your finger tips with the shield spray before touching the shield
    07-22-08 12:41 AM
    Yeah I tried that.. The spray dries on my fingers quickly and the spray on the shields creates a mess. It's so frustrating because everyone else can do this just fine but I royally screwed it up..like usual

07-22-08 12:45 AM
    I'm not sure why you sprayed both sides? I only sprayed the adhesive side and that's all it said to do in the instructions
    07-22-08 12:47 AM
    Step 3: lightly spray the front and back sides of the invisibleSHIELD with the included SHIELDspray

07-22-08 12:51 AM
    This is all great info - I've been really wanting to get either BSE or InvisibleShield and now I feel better about it!! Thanks!!!

07-22-08 12:51 AM
    I still have the SHIELD, I didn't demolish it...but it's looking gross because it has dried spray on it and fingerprints...I'm not sure if it's even usable anymore.

EDIT: I guess I will just either take my shield back to bestbuy or make a claim on the warranty for it and try again. I will try harder on the BSEs and update later this week when (if) they come. Like I said, I absolutely cherish my new BB and if it were to get a scratch like my previous Q...I would be sad. I need to protect it but unfortunately it's not that easy. I wish there was a place to get it professionally installed...maybe the bestbuy guys will do it for me.
    Last edited by cwake16; 07-22-08 at 01:10 AM.
    07-22-08 12:53 AM
    I got my InvisibleShield today. What a pain in the a s s! For starters, it took me 2 hours to apply, it came with so many SMALL pieces that it took me 30 minutes just to figure out where everything went. Then, i ran out of that f*cking spray, so I filled the bottle with water. The top, front, back and bottom came out fine. The side pieces did NOT fit. Tried laying them down every way from Sunday, but they were not cut correctly, so I just ended up leaving them off. (Kinda pissed me off, considering I spent $20.00).
    It's drying as we speak. Didn't look like I had any bubbles or smudges, but I'm not even going to look closely at it til morning, because if I do, and I see smudges or peeling, I'm going to have a meltdown.
    I looked at the BSE website, and it says the black surfaces on the sides and top of the Curve are not adequate to apply the film, so why does IS come with side and top pieces? The top seemed to go on perfectly, so time will tell.
    The BSE skin seemed easier to apply. It looks like it has a couple big pieces, rather than 2 big pieces and a bunch of small ones.
    I found the IS a pain to apply, but maybe its just me. :::shrugs:::

Next time, BSE for sure. Wayyyyy cheaper.
    07-22-08 01:26 AM
    I got my InvisibleShield today. What a pain in the a s s! For starters, it took me 2 hours to apply, it came with so many SMALL pieces that it took me 30 minutes just to figure out where everything went. Then, i ran out of that f*cking spray, so I filled the bottle with water. The top, front, back and bottom came out fine. The side pieces did NOT fit. Tried laying them down every way from Sunday, but they were not cut correctly, so I just ended up leaving them off. (Kinda pissed me off, considering I spent $20.00).
    It's drying as we speak. Didn't look like I had any bubbles or smudges, but I'm not even going to look closely at it til morning, because if I do, and I see smudges or peeling, I'm going to have a meltdown.
    I looked at the BSE website, and it says the black surfaces on the sides and top of the Curve are not adequate to apply the film, so why does IS come with side and top pieces? The top seemed to go on perfectly, so time will tell.
    The BSE skin seemed easier to apply. It looks like it has a couple big pieces, rather than 2 big pieces and a bunch of small ones.
    I found the IS a pain to apply, but maybe its just me. :::shrugs:::

Next time, BSE for sure. Wayyyyy cheaper.
    Just a little hint to everyone that I got from an Invisishield employee, if you run out of spray use alcohol not water.

07-22-08 01:35 AM
    I still have the SHIELD, I didn't demolish it...but it's looking gross because it has dried spray on it and fingerprints...I'm not sure if it's even usable anymore.

EDIT: I guess I will just either take my shield back to bestbuy or make a claim on the warranty for it and try again. I will try harder on the BSEs and update later this week when (if) they come. Like I said, I absolutely cherish my new BB and if it were to get a scratch like my previous Q...I would be sad. I need to protect it but unfortunately it's not that easy. I wish there was a place to get it professionally installed...maybe the bestbuy guys will do it for me.
    At my local mall there is an Invisible Shield kiosk and they will install it for you.

07-22-08 01:38 AM
    Hmmm.... my instructions say nothing about spraying both sides of the shield. But mine was for the pearl? That shouldn't effect anything, but who knows.
    07-22-08 01:43 AM
    Ok.........again....there are MANY different grades of I.S. type products.........if they are installed correctly the quality materials will outlast your phone........you spray both sides to limit the amount of abrasions (scratches) that you may impart clearing out bubbles........the surface MUST be clean of lint, oils and the like....I have seen the 3M products go down on everything from phones to Lamborghinis, yachts, sport bikes, motor homes and parcel delivery trucks........when applied correctly they offer great protection..........AGAIN do not be fooled by cheap imitations.....I.S. is the BEST product of that genre available today.........the others discolor, do not adhere as well and are in fact inferior to I.S. I have been using MANY different types of these products for several years.........I Shield is what is used on the ultra high end merchandise because it offers the best wear, best protection and best value.......a variation of I.S. is used to bullet proof vehicles. I have never had a customer complain about cost v. benefit of this product....I have had NUMEROUS complaints about people who thought they were getting the "same" stuff - only to be irate after it peels up and/or discolors on the front end of their six figure automobile........
    07-22-08 02:01 AM
    It's kind of ridiculous...$20 for one shot and if you screw it up you're out of luck. I wish I had an IS kiosk in my mall lol. Is there any way I can clean off my shield and try again or is it pretty much ruined? I don't know what it's supposed to look like after application or anything so I'm kinda lost here. I have to go to bestbuy again on wednesday so I guess I will bring it with me then and explain my situation. Both guys knew all about IS and eagerly recommended it so I'm sure they can do something for me as far as installation. I just want my BB protected...it's finally the first verizon phone I can label "Good" and I am proud to say it's probably the best electronic I've owned...which is kind of saying something. I think I'm a blackberry nut because I really enjoy mine. Maybe I"m not alone haha ;P
    07-22-08 02:03 AM

Call a local high end auto dealer (mercedes, bentley, porsche etc.) and get the number of the person who does their clear bra installs.........they can hang it in minutes and you will be happy a very long time........the people who do it professionally are true artists......I have seen them apply plotter cut clear bras as well as hand cut customs...............DON'T SKIMP ON THE PRODUCT OR INSTALL...........if you do you WILL be unhappy.......so much easier to do it right one time (and hella cheaper)........
    07-22-08 02:07 AM
    Lol...umm you're saying go to my local high end car dealer and ask them to cut and install me an IS for my effing blackberry? lol they would laugh at me being a kid and probably charge me out the *** anyway

EDIT: Although that would be totally awesome lol...I would be so happy.

I wanna just get this thing installed correctly and look GOOOOOD so my baby's safe
    Last edited by cwake16; 07-22-08 at 02:13 AM.
    07-22-08 02:10 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD