So get this, I was having trouble with my original Curve and recently recieved a replacement from RIM/TMo. I got the replacement and restored all my contacts and such. Now here's the wierd part, I have internet access but no data plan. All though I can't use the "internet browser", but I can use TZones and Hotspot even when I'm not in WiFi. Also my edge is all capatalized, I can download all OTA but some apps wont connect (Weather Eye, Superpages, Weather Bug and etc). Wierd how this is working out. Anyone else this fortunate?
    01-12-09 03:02 PM
    You might want to check and make sure you are not still being charged for data usage.
    01-12-09 03:04 PM
    You may be getting the watered down version of Tzones (I don't think they call it that anymore).
    01-12-09 03:06 PM
    The bro makes sense. When you ave a data plan, you have an agreed amount of data for an agreed amount of money. All your data goes via blackberry.net.

No data plan means no agreement and no blackberry.net. This is why the Blackberry browser does not work. blackberry.net is not enabled for your phone.

You are accessing the internet via GPRS/EDGE over the T-Mobile network. All the charges you incurr will be outsode a plan and could be quite high. You should check with the carrier as soon as you can as a bill may cause anger.

I have a BlackBerry with no data plan. It has a pre-paid SIM card in it and I keep data services (options, Mobile Network) Off.
    01-12-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah but I have Flex Pay. So can I still incur the charges?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:53 PM
    Yeah but I have Flex Pay. So can I still incur the charges?

Just to be on the safe side of things, I recommend you give them a call and see whats going on with your bill.
    01-12-09 06:07 PM
    I don't know how data translates to minutes used other than 1 minute on the web = 1 minute of talk time, but you could rack a huge bill pretty quick. Especially if you forget to close an app that's using the web.
    01-12-09 06:27 PM
    Just to be on the safe side of things, I recommend you give them a call and see whats going on with your bill.
    True. Ill check and let you guys know.

01-12-09 06:27 PM
    I called TMo and nothing. My bill is exactly the same and I'm not incurring any data chargers.

Also on top of that, rumor has been confirmed that the Storm will be available to all TMo customers by the end of the first quarter of 2009, according to the TMo representative.

Schweet!

01-12-09 11:58 PM
    Also on top of that, rumor has been confirmed that the Storm will be available to all TMo customers by the end of the first quarter of 2009, according to the TMo representative.
    This would be news to VZW/Vodafone & RIM, who have an exclusive agreement on the Storm.

Then again, I do have next week's winning Powerball ticket that I'd be willing to part with for a measley $100,000 (negotiable).
    01-13-09 12:15 AM
    This would be news to VZW/Vodafone & RIM, who have an exclusive agreement on the Storm.
    VZW only has an exclusive on the 9530. The 9520 that's down the pipeline counts as a different device and could make its way to T-Mobile or at&t at some point in the future.

01-13-09 12:49 AM

Then again, I do have next week's winning Powerball ticket that I'd be willing to part with for a measley $100,000 (negotiable).
    I'm just going based on what the representative told me. I was inquiring about the 8900 and how much would I be able to buy it for. She told me that they also are recieving the Storm by the end of this quarter.
    Wasn't VZW guarenteed exclusivity to the Storm but had to maintain a quota in order to keep the rights to the phone? I don't know for sure what the details to the agreement would include but I'm sure they'd have to include that, especially coming from a business viewpoint. Isn't that what happened with the Curve initially?
    01-13-09 10:10 AM
    VZW only has an exclusive on the 9530. The 9520 that's down the pipeline counts as a different device and could make its way to T-Mobile or at&t at some point in the future.
    While you may possibly be correct, you are not taking into account the lead time for a new device. RIM was late with the 9530, but even discounting that... their normal lead time is closer to a year and nowhere close to the few months we're talking about here.

As for what the reps say, we know how half the time they lie.

01-13-09 11:14 AM
    As for what the reps say, we know how half the time they lie.
    Touche. We'll see though. It would be nice to get a Storm or 2nd Gen Storm on other carriers. It's not a big deal though, especially with the talk about Pluto. So we'll see.
    01-13-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD