Sometimes when I'm viewing a site, It'll load about half-way, then my two arrows will disappear, and my blackberry will just hang. If I click anything, I get the hourglass, and have to batt. pull. What's the dealio?
    03-19-09 02:27 PM
    What's your File Free? Options > Status > read the 3rd line

If it is less than 12 000 000, you are low on memory and will experience problems.
    03-19-09 02:33 PM

How do I free this up w/o deleting third part apps? I have an SD card btw.
    03-21-09 08:22 PM
    Make sure all your pics, videos, music and ringtones are on the media card.

Do a battery pull with the BB on to reset your phone.

Also, you done' have thousands of text messages on your BB do you?
    03-21-09 08:29 PM
    Doing a battery pull will bring your file free up. Anything under 12,000,000 is running a little slow. Third party apps cant be installed onto the SD card so that wont help you save space there. Make sure that you are closing your apps properly by hitting the menu key then selecting clos. Hitting the back key and end call key do not close the apps, they just run in the background. To see what apps are currently running you can hold the alt key and hit the back key. This will bring up the tab to switch programs quickly. There are 5 programs that should show up in that list: messages,BBM,home,phone and browser
    03-21-09 08:32 PM
    A little on the low side - you want it to be above 12mb you have 4 here are some tips for ya.....

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations)

4. Clear the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

5. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

6. Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it..

Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future.... After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-21-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD