On my T-mobile 8320 Curve when I try to install Opera mini 4. I have all the correct wap settings and tried battery pull? Can i try anything else since I am using my WIFI?
    11-14-07 08:07 PM
    anyone?
    11-15-07 12:00 AM
    from homescreen do this:

menu>options>advanced options>tcp

for the apn put "wap.voicestream.com" (without the quotation marks) and leave the user/pass blank.
    11-15-07 12:10 AM
    from homescreen do this:

menu>options>advanced options>tcp

for the apn put "wap.voicestream.com" (without the quotation marks) and leave the user/pass blank.
    tried that already :/ and did the battery pull while the phones still one.
    11-15-07 12:20 AM
    Try removing operamini through the desktop manager, and then re-downloading & re-installing it.
    11-15-07 12:22 AM
    Try removing operamini through the desktop manager, and then re-downloading & re-installing it.
    ok ill try that...
    11-15-07 12:26 AM
    Let us know if it works out
    11-15-07 01:02 AM
    well, sure didnt work. gotta love buggy browsers you would think with the most recent blackberry you would not have these type of problems.
    11-15-07 12:28 PM
    I have the same issue on my 8300. Tried all kinds of things, nothing seems to get it to work with Opera.
    11-15-07 02:52 PM
    Im running V4.2.2.171 OS. ? could that be the problem? why dont they just do automatic OS updates through t-mobile? so lame.
    11-16-07 01:03 PM
    hahaha installed even the newest OS and opera mini doesnt wanna connect to the internet... wow, i should've just gotten an IPHONE.
    11-16-07 02:05 PM
    opera mini works great on my curve with the new OS and the apn....

I dont get what problems are you having...did you try dling it from OTA. When you download it from the mobile browser did the site recognize your phone? Operamini OTA site recognizes your phone for download..than you should be able to dl that immediatley. i had the same problems before but when Opera Mini put its 4.3 release out..than it worked..and now 4.4 is the final relase. What Opera ver are you running?
    11-16-07 02:24 PM
    opera mini works great on my curve with the new OS and the apn....

I dont get what problems are you having...did you try dling it from OTA. When you download it from the mobile browser did the site recognize your phone? Operamini OTA site recognizes your phone for download..than you should be able to dl that immediatley. i had the same problems before but when Opera Mini put its 4.3 release out..than it worked..and now 4.4 is the final relase. What Opera ver are you running?
    4.4 thats the one im using. I dont have a data plan but i dont see a reason for it not to work on WIFI.
    11-16-07 03:43 PM
    I finally got it to work for me - but I had to install the new OS before it worked.
    11-18-07 07:59 PM
    I reinstalled the application from my PC, and still have the same problems with my Blackberry Pearl. My APN (I have T-Mobile) is set to "wap.voicestream.com". Username and Password blank. I have reinstalled and re-entered the APN, but to no avail. I am able to load the Opera mini 4's browser start page, but when I click on any link, I get the error message:

"Failed to connect to the Internet
    java.io.IOException: Malformed Address
    Returning Null Connection"

And yes, I do have a dataplan (the default web browser works fine, btw) and I do NOT use an enterprise server.

I even tried downloading blackberry's newest desktop manager, 4.3, to see if that would help. It didn't

While 4.3 is technically not yet supported by T-Mobile, I've had no problems with it at all. I can use the OEM's browser without a problem. It's just the Opera Mini that isn't working for me. I've been using Opera on my laptop and would love to use it on my blackberry.
    12-21-07 10:46 PM
    I have this exact same problem on my brand new 8320
    05-04-08 07:42 AM
    opera mini works great on my curve ...

i had the same problems before but when Opera Mini put its 4.3 release out..than it worked..and now 4.4 is the final relase. What Opera ver are you running?
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Could it be a version problem?
    05-04-08 10:32 AM
    I use OM just fine with wifi but I have unlimited data and hs@h. Do a search for wifi om, or wifi opera mini. Someone posted that with the APN settings those are used on cell towers and you need a data plan to run OM. I don't have time now to pull up that post with a link. It seems a lot of people can't run OM over wifi from the search I did on it a few days ago.
    05-04-08 10:38 AM
    Try resending your service books and re registering your device by going to advanced options - host routing table

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD