I am using the new Blackberry Curve 8530 and I used to have the Blackberry World 8830. Ever since I have had the new phone, it says that I am using the phone internationally. I live in Chicago, IL so this is impossible. It becomes a problem when I cannot access certain sites because they do not allow or have limited access for international users. Any help on this would be great! Thanks!
    03-29-10 08:10 PM
    I am using the new Blackberry Curve 8530 and I used to have the Blackberry World 8830. Ever since I have had the new phone, it says that I am using the phone internationally. I live in Chicago, IL so this is impossible. It becomes a problem when I cannot access certain sites because they do not allow or have limited access for international users. Any help on this would be great! Thanks!
    when using the built in browser, data goes through RIM's servers in Canada. some websites see the Canadian IP addresses and it assumes you are there, some websites dont. try using Bolt Browser or Opera Mini. that should resolve the issue. also, some websites offer you an opportunity to change your country setting if it detects the wrong one.
    03-30-10 03:11 AM
    Awesome that fixed it! Thank you!!
    03-30-10 11:03 AM
    glad you got it worked out.
    03-30-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD