Hi all,

first post Hope the question is not too stupid - I searched but did not find...

I have a Curve 8310.

When I tried to install Telmap Navigation software I got an Internal Server Error 500 when accessing their download/install link through my BB browser. Support told me to wipe the BB and try again - which I did, and it worked.

Now I tried to install AvantGo softare and I get the same error. I don' treally want to wipe the BB every time I need to install an app via Browser, which I understand is the common method! It took me ages to get all my settings back last time and was a nightmare to get my mail working again.

So what is this? Is this a known issue? I'm sure if I wipe again I can install AvantGo, but I'd rather not.

Also it seems that just authorising a mail address does this:

I wipe the BB and try to install and it works.

I wipe the BB and authorise a mail address, then try to install and I get this error.

Since mail is it's main function and there will alwyas be an address associated wth my BB I'm startingh to worry I can never install anything on it without wiping, installing all software and authorising mail again - nightmare!

Any tips?

Thanks

Chris

BB Curve 8310
    Vodafone
    04-22-08 07:42 AM
    Hello & welcome to CB!

You shouldn't have to wipe the BB everytime you want to download something.

Have you tried installing the application via desktop manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 08:13 AM
    In options --> advanced options, in browser.
    Is default browser configuration, set to Internet browser??
    04-22-08 08:54 AM
    Hi, thanks for the replies! Yes it is set to Internet Browser - that was the first thing support asked me too, and it was set correctly.

I would have tried bia desktop manager but I'm not sure the pp is available as a seperate download. I'll try and find out about that!

Thanks a lot guys

Chris
    04-22-08 10:01 AM
    Ok, got it! Phew

Maybe this will help someone with the same probs:

What the above posts said is all corect: default browser "Internet Browser" and you need Javascript enabled etc.

The key for me to resolve installation issues via browser is to set the browser mode to "Blackberry Browser"! You csn do this when opening your browser, then hit menu button, choose "options" > Browser Configuration > and set emulation mode to BB Browser.

Cheers

Chris
    04-22-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD