I haven't purchased an MicroSD card yet, so I was wondering if filling up your internal storage(not RAM) has an affect on performance? I seem to be getting the loading symbol more often, so I thought would ask those with greater knowledge than I...

Thanks for any help in advance.
    01-20-09 10:30 AM
    Letting your internal memory fall below 12mb will cause a lot of problems. You will start to lose emails, text, pictures, etc. because the device will try to free up memory on its own. You can check your file free by going to options>status. Once you get a memory card you can move things like pictures, mp3s and ringtones over to the card and free up space. Pulling the battery while the phone is still on will restart it and also free up some memory.
    01-20-09 10:40 AM
    Pictures are massive on device memory, you need to get them on a media card A.S.A.P.
    01-20-09 10:43 AM
    Pictures are massive on device memory, you need to get them on a media card A.S.A.P.
    Oh, no doubt. That will help out a lot.
    01-20-09 10:45 AM
    You can also take a look at this to free up even more.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    01-20-09 10:47 AM
    I think you guys are thinking I'm referring to the internal RAM on the device. I still have over 40Mbs free space to download applications/themes/etc. I'm talking about the internal storage on the phone that you can save pictures to.

Like the Storm has 1GB of internal storage for pictures and w/e and then 196Mb of RAM for applications/themes/etc.
    Last edited by S3th13; 01-20-09 at 10:56 AM.
    01-20-09 10:53 AM
    I think you guys are thinking I'm referring to the internal RAM on the device. I still have over 40Mbs free space to download applications/themes/etc. I'm talking about the internal storage on the phone that you can save pictures to.

Like the Storm has 1GB of internal storage for pictures and w/e and then 196Mb of RAM for applications/themes/etc.
    On the Curve I believe they are one in the same.
    01-20-09 10:58 AM
    On the Curve I believe they are one in the same.
    Well that answers my question then... thanks!
    01-20-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD