Alright I messed up, put a nice slice in my internal antenna. Now I need to find a new one, no where sells an internal antenna for CDMA Curves. Even CNN.CN FULL housings do not include the internal Antenna. Cellular Dr has them for GSM Curves but nothing for CDMA. Anyone have any idea where I can pick one up?
    10-28-08 06:45 PM
    the antenna at the bottom of the 8320 is a wifi antenna.... so what antenna did you slice?
    10-28-08 06:50 PM
    Does that go for the 8330 to? Where is the main antenna?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 07:45 PM
    i think the antenna is somewhere on the mainboard

10-28-08 07:49 PM
    Thanks benz. I was debating on getting a new housing and was messing with my curve trying to see how hard it was to take that cover off, I think I tore it a tiny bit from the clip catching on it and freaked out. Everything is still working as usual, but I will not attempt on replacing the housing that's for sure.

10-28-08 07:55 PM
    the antenna at the bottom of the 8320 is a wifi antenna.... so what antenna did you slice?
    Your absolutley wrong. The antenna located at the bottom of the Curve is NOT a WIFI antenna it is it the main antenna for the Curve. Especially since the 8330 does not have WIFI.

Here is a picture of a Curve housing with a GSM Main Antenna. I need one for CDMA though.

10-28-08 07:56 PM
    as long as you berry is working fine, i'd pretend it never happened

10-28-08 07:56 PM
    I actually tore mine just a little too. Everything seems to be working the same though including wifi. How bad is the tear JGrams? Does the phone not function anymore?
    10-28-08 08:58 PM
    Ok all you crackberry techies. I "cracked" the code, and got you the link to the FCC database with internal photos of the 8330 and the antenna position.

The link:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...#39;L6ARBU20CW'

Once there click on internal photos (or any other link that you're interested in reading about the 8330).

When the pdf loads for the internal photos, on page 3, left hand photo, towards the bottom of the phone is a gold colored area. This is your antenna. Not much to look at but it does the job. If for any reason the link doesn't show up in the post and you wanna see it, PM me and I'll get you the link.
    10-28-08 09:29 PM
    as long as you berry is working fine, i'd pretend it never happened

If he wasn't having issues do you honestly think he would've posted this thread?
    10-29-08 01:27 AM
    Yes. Sometimes people worry unnecessarily and post to see if they should be worried. Or they post to see if they might have problems in the future.

So, yes, I think that he might have posted this thread even if he wasn't currently having problems.
    10-29-08 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD