I have an 8330 on Alltel (verizon), running 4.5.0.169, and a 4gb Transcend SD card in it. I've got multiple types of data on the card, but 90% of it is music. Currently about 400mb free on the card.

My problem is that sometimes the BB fails to read the card. I go into the media app, then to Music, then Artists, and pick any artist and it says *No Albums*. A battery pull will fix the issue and it works fine after that, but it's getting a little old having to do this daily. Any ideas on why it just randomly stops reading the SD card?
    01-18-10 09:07 AM
    Could be the card itself.
    Did you try formatting it from the BlackBerry?
    01-18-10 09:39 AM
    I haven't recently, but did when I originally got it, which was about 8 months ago. It's never given me a problem until recently.

Are you thinking it's worth a shot to reformat it?
    01-18-10 09:46 AM
    If the problem is a big deal to you, yeah.
    I know transferring 3.5GB of stuff is a pita, but it could potentially solve your problem.
    01-18-10 09:47 AM
    I actually almost always get this problem loll. really there is no need for a battery pull. Just close Media. And then reopen it. It should all be there. Just a glitch in the phone I believe..
    01-18-10 10:24 AM
    I formatted my device and solved my issue.....however the phone is still slow as cold molasses...S2.....i hate it!!
    01-18-10 10:56 AM
    Backup your MicroSD card because it seems like it's starting to act up, a tell-tale sign that it might be dying or getting corrupted. After backing up your files to your computer, see if reformatting the card stops this. If not, or if your phone starts turning off or flickering, then replace your MicroSD card.
    01-18-10 01:11 PM
    don't copy all info back onto the card all at once...do a little bit at a time.
    Then you can tell if a file is corrupt and all you are really doing is putting the corrupt file back on it.
    01-18-10 01:20 PM
    don't copy all info back onto the card all at once...do a little bit at a time.
    Then you can tell if a file is corrupt and all you are really doing is putting the corrupt file back on it.
    Yes, if this is the case, then you might not need a new MicroSD card! Files get corrupted from time to time for many reasons. Prolonged use, a lot of access, manipulations, transferring, etc.
    01-18-10 01:54 PM
    thanks all, i'm, going to format the card and then slowly move stuff back on and see how that goes. Appreciate all the suggestions.
    01-18-10 02:29 PM
    Formatting the card didn't help, so I had the card replaced under warranty. Been 4 days now and so far so good, so looks like the root cause was a defective SD card.
    02-12-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD