Hi there

I've had my curve for over a year but just recently people I've called have started to complain about a buzzing noise on the line. It seems to be worse for them as I can only hear it faintly at my end.

Yesterday, it took a turn for the worse as the buzzing got really loud and then the phone cut out. This happened on 2 calls and it's not great for business!

Any suggestions as to what's causing this?

Thanks

Rose
    05-19-09 07:00 AM
    How is your signal? If it happens every where it could be phone or carrier. Just happening to you could be your phone. Is the buzz like a cracked speaker? I would take it in and have your carrier call it and see what they think?
    05-19-09 10:24 AM
    The signal isn't the best here as I live in the middle of the countryside but I don't think it's that causing the problem. It doesn't start until I've been on the phone for a couple of minutes and then it gets louder and louder.

Very strange!
    05-19-09 10:27 AM
    Just guessing here but do the standard battery pull with phone on...I would also try a new battery maybe it is going bad, but the Vodaphone carrier would be a call to make..
    05-19-09 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the advice - I will give the battery pull a go (not heard of that before - I always used to switch it off first!) and then try a new battery if that doesn't work as it's not holding its charge quite as well as it used to.

Rose
    05-19-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD