My wife recently came across this problem that is now driving her nuts. We both have 8330s and she recently upgraded to 4.5, Ive had it for a while on my phone. Some setting must have changed and she cant find where. She has 2 ICE contacts (in case of emergency) ICE1 being me and ICE2 being her mother but she also has a separate contact information profile for the both of us The Husband for me and MOM for her mother. Prior to the upgrade if I or her mother would call/text it would show up "The Husband" and "Mom" and now it displays ICE1 and ICE2 so it is using contacts alphabetically now. I too have an ICE contact for her but she still comes up as "The Wife" not ICE1. Ive been through both phones settings for pretty much everything and they are both the same. The only way for her phone to display me as "The Husband" with my custom ringer and picture is to delete the ICE contact with my same number. Any thoughts? I apologize if that makes no sense I tried to explain as best I could.
    03-15-09 06:14 PM
    Well, I don't know what would have changed all that. Mine didn't do that.

But here's what I did for my ICE address book entries. I created a single ICE entry and put all my emergency contacts in the Notes section. The numbers can still be called from the Notes section and this puts them all in one place. And realistically the first responders/police/hospitals are likely to make the ICE call from your phone anyway.

Doing it this way gives you plenty of space to put information that might be pertinent such as the individual's names, relationship, blood and organ donor information etc.

Note that I also have the regular address book entries for the people listed in my ICE entry.
    03-15-09 06:40 PM
    Thank you for your answer Motorcycle Mama! I have been trying to figure this out for a week. I had all of my texts from people on my ICE list showing up as ICE, so I couldn't tell who was texting me . Thank you!
    06-11-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD