I am trying to install and test out Twibble, but I keep getting the error "Insufficient space for application". Now, I KNOW I have space available (I even removed some old programs and cleaned out some messages), and its still giving me this error. What gives?

EDIT: Oh, and I have done multiple battery pulls. Still a no go.
    Last edited by coreyrva; 03-17-09 at 10:21 AM.
    03-17-09 10:18 AM
    Do you know how big Twibble is? Maybe you need more space to install than the actual size of the app?
    03-17-09 10:23 AM
    03-17-09 10:27 AM
    How much exactly your free memory?and how big twibble is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 10:28 AM
    Do you know how big Twibble is? Maybe you need more space to install than the actual size of the app?
    Its 101KB to be exact. Not that big of a file for it to be doing this to me

I will give this a go right now and see how it goes. I will post back for future references. Thanks for now.
    03-17-09 10:30 AM
    WNM: I have 6867424 memory free

Yester18: I didn't realize until after I posted that I have gone through that guide and have wiped a lot of items away already. All of my photos/pictures/videos are stored on my microSD card as well.
    03-17-09 10:41 AM
    your at 6mb. That is to low.........

You have to 1. remove some applications and such to improve the device stability, you may not have noticed but under 12mb, you will start to lose info.

Also remove other application you don't use, if you really want that one that bad.
    03-17-09 10:46 AM
    WNM: I have 6867424 memory free

Yester18: I didn't realize until after I posted that I have gone through that guide and have wiped a lot of items away already. All of my photos/pictures/videos are stored on my microSD card as well.
    You have 6.8 MB, which is way low on free memory. Generally 12MB is considered the limit for optimal BB operation.

Time to off load stuff from your memory. Do you have a media card installed? If so, move pictures, music, ringtones to it to free up memory. Then look at the links yester18 posted to optimize your memory.
    03-17-09 10:47 AM
    Remove themes that you do not use. They always take up allot of space.
    03-17-09 10:49 AM
    I don't have anything on my blackberry really, thats why I am finding this so weird. Installed currently is:

Twitterberry
    BerryBuzz
    Boldlike theme (only custom theme loaded on phone)
    Google Maps
    Opera Mini
    The Missing Sync Software
    Beejive Jivetalk
    Viigo
    & QuickPull

I have no applications running, I have cleaned all of my inboxes out, & I have no media stored on the phone.

I have removed some of the stock unnecessary themes, I have removed the voice command module, & I have removed unnecessary languages.
    03-17-09 11:43 AM
    Does Twitterberry keep posts/data on your BB? How about saved email and texts?
    03-17-09 12:27 PM
    I have 3 saved emails, no saved texts, and i cleared the cache on twitterberry thinking that may be why, but it still has not budged.
    03-17-09 12:30 PM
    The problem is with all those applications and only having 64mb of total device memory, what ever is left over that the OS did not use, and for your taking. but it can drop fairly quickly.
    03-17-09 12:37 PM
    What's your file free now?
    03-17-09 12:37 PM
    What's your file free now?
    3876154. Once again, no applications running expect the bb browser to post this reply. The system does not feel that sluggish, but I know those numbers are a little low for what I actually have on here.

03-17-09 01:12 PM
    Yikes that's even lower than before. Something is eating up your memory. A battery pull which you said you've done should get you at least in the upper teens in terms of MB.

I know you said you have nothing running, but did you check the list with alt + escape? Only things running should be phone, browser, BBM, inbox, and one other that I can't remember.

Also are you using a default theme. I have run into problems with themes eating up my memory.
    03-17-09 01:25 PM
    Try deleting old browsing histroy and invest into a mimi card

03-17-09 01:29 PM
    Go to options - status - BB - database sizes. What does it say your content store is? You may need to hook up to dm and go to back/up restore and advanced. From here clear your content store. I have found if you look at a lot of pictures on web pages your content store gets bloated.

Also if you do a lot of cut and pasting you may need to go to options - security options - memory cleaning - BB - clean now.

03-17-09 01:36 PM
    Good points. Hard to keep track of everything that could be on your BB that's taking up memory.
    03-17-09 01:43 PM
    Yikes that's even lower than before. Something is eating up your memory. A battery pull which you said you've done should get you at least in the upper teens in terms of MB.

I know you said you have nothing running, but did you check the list with alt + escape? Only things running should be phone, browser, BBM, inbox, and one other that I can't remember.

Also are you using a default theme. I have run into problems with themes eating up my memory.
    I am using the Precision BoldLike theme (only custom theme loaded, deleted some stock ones too)

Try deleting old browsing histroy and invest into a mimi card

I have already wiped them clean as well, also, as stated before, I have a MicroSD card that holds ALL of my media (in the sense that "mimi" is a "MicroSD" card)

Go to options - status - BB - database sizes. What does it say your content store is? You may need to hook up to dm and go to back/up restore and advanced. From here clear your content store. I have found if you look at a lot of pictures on web pages your content store gets bloated.

Also if you do a lot of cut and pasting you may need to go to options - security options - memory cleaning - BB - clean now.

My content store states "35/1563.9K"

...and as for the current applications running, i always have these running:

BBM
    Phone
    Home Screen
    The Missing Sync
    MyFaves
    03-17-09 01:54 PM
    Clear your content store. That will give you some memory back

Do missing sync and myfaves need to be running at all times?

03-17-09 02:08 PM
    Viigo may be a memory hog.

I have a pearl and have 25 apps on my BB. I stay around 10-13 memory. This is what I have:
    Pocket Informant BB
    BBWeather
    Weather Bug Direct
    Weather Bug Forecast
    CB
    ESPN
    BBMaps
    VibandRing
    QuickPull
    Opera Mini
    Aerize Alerts
    Capture It
    BB NotePad
    CB app store
    Bubble Popper
    You tube
    Sudoku
    Sudoku (2 different ones)
    Flickr
    Docs 2 Go
    FaceBook
    Bolt
    Bible
    BBM
    3rd party theme
    logMaid
    MissingLight

03-17-09 02:11 PM
    I have found that Google Maps tends to eat into memory after using it for a while. Even after cleaning memory as per all the advice above, the only way I can free up a LOT of memory is to delete Google Maps and then to reinstall it! Somehow it uses up memory which can only be freed by removing the app completely.

03-17-09 02:12 PM
    Sounds like stuff in your content store too. Try clearing it before deleting google maps and reinstalling it.

03-17-09 02:14 PM
    How do you clear the content store?

03-17-09 02:19 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD