I just bought the Curve 8320.
    I am afirst time Blackberry user.

For the time being all I want is to be able to text and IM.
    So I got the 19.99 unlimited texting and IM for myself and my wife who has a Pearl.
    I have tried to log into my AOL or Yahoo with no luck, I called T-mobile and was told to wait 48 hours for all the systems to update and I would bew able to use my IM, I waited no luck called again, the tech ran thru many different scenarios, found out that the BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free) was not checked on my account, that this should make it work and to wait 48 hours more. My wife's phone worked right away and obcourse mine did not.

Called them again today, know a tech is telling me that I need a Data plan on top of the unlimeted texting and Instant messaging for my IM to work on my 8320.

the feature descriptions are below:
    BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free)
    This no cost feature allows customers with certain Blackberry devices who are not signed up for BlackBerry service to enjoy phone features such as Picture Messaging, Instant Messaging and t-zones.

Unlimited Messaging for Famlies
    Send and receive any type of message you want, in any combination you want. Text, IM, picture, or video messages--it's up to you! And the best part is one bundle covers up to 5 subscribers on the same FamilyTime plan so you only need to buy one!

The message I get when I try to access AOL is please visit www dot blackberry dot com /aim to activate your handheld fo AOL instant messaging.

when you go to this webpage it is just an Error page.

Is this last tech pulling my leg and did not want to do his job and try to help me? I do not want to pay an extra $20.00 when I do not need to access the web for the time being. I hope some one can help with this issue.
    02-04-08 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD