I just installed Vlingo 4.5 and now the missed call, calendar etc icons no longer appear at the top of my screen. I have done a battery pull and when booting up the icons will flash up on the screen but then disappear again. Has this ever happened to anyone? Anyone know how to fix this? Help.
    Thanks
    04-30-10 11:21 AM
    To make sure they didn't get hidden, Menu/Menu/show all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 01:09 PM
    Thanks - I did try that. It is the tiny icons/indicators at the top of the screen by the date/time/email indicator; not the bigger icons on the desktop.
    Also, when I go into any of my email folder or my sms folder I now have a tiny black circle with a red arrow it with a 1 next to it ????
    04-30-10 02:20 PM
    That must mean you have mail. But that's weird your status icons disappeared. You can always email Vlingo and send in a bug report. But if I were you I would just uninstall the bugger! Sorry I couldn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 03:03 PM
    Thanks for your help. I finally fixed it. I uninstalled Vlingo & the indicators were still not working so I called Verizon - After wasting an hour on the phone with them b/c they had no clue what the problem was and them wanting me to do a hard reset ... I figured it out on my own.
    The black circle with the red arrow was associated with BB App World. Vlingo had an update available and I guess Vlingo had never properly installed correctly the first time even though it was working. So I reinstalled Vlingo, updated & now everything is working fine. Go figure...
    Thanks again.
    04-30-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD