Hey everyone!

Brand new to the site and brand new Blackberry owner. Just received my Spring BB Curve today and Im having a ton of fun playing on it. My first question with many more to come is there anyway to get my contacts and calendar off of my Palm Pilot and put the information on my BB? I have tried my best all day to avoid putting phone numbers and calendar information into my BB because I am hoping this is possible!

Thanks!
    07-04-08 09:51 PM
    Hey everyone!

Brand new to the site and brand new Blackberry owner. Just received my Spring BB Curve today and Im having a ton of fun playing on it. My first question with many more to come is there anyway to get my contacts and calendar off of my Palm Pilot and put the information on my BB? I have tried my best all day to avoid putting phone numbers and calendar information into my BB because I am hoping this is possible!

Thanks!
    Use your DM and go to Switch Device.

Welcome to the Crack!
    07-04-08 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! I have actually tried exactly what you said but when I click on Switch Device option it does not allow me to chose the option that mentions the Palm. It is kind of greyed out and I can not select it. I guess I am doing something wrong?
    Last edited by PennStBoy8; 07-04-08 at 10:39 PM.
    07-04-08 10:09 PM
    Its been ages since I have done any syncing with my palm T5. If you can sync the palm with outlook(or outlook express) that would be one option and probably the easiest. DM can sync with outlook and O.E. It may be possible to do it other ways but I don't know of any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 11:57 PM
    I took my palm an syncd it to outlook and then syncd my BB to outlook.

07-04-08 11:59 PM
    I took my palm an syncd it to outlook and then syncd my BB to outlook.

Noob question... any hints how to make that happen???
    07-05-08 09:36 PM
    I also encountered the grey screen problem when I tried to sync my palm data into my new BB curve; I could not select anything; I have tried several times, various tricks. I don't use Outlook/Express, and am unaware how to sync the palm to that, so as to sync the BB to OE. Suggestions would be most appreciated.
    07-05-08 10:37 PM
    Noob question... any hints how to make that happen???
    I had my palm set up to sync to outlook. When I got my BB I set up DM and it took me step by step how to sync my outlook through DM to my BB.
    07-06-08 12:05 AM
    You'll need to have both devices plugged in as well as one of the following versions of Palm Software:

Palm Desktop Software 4.0.1/4.1/4.1.2/4.1.4/6.01

RIM's KB on Switch Device Wizard

hth,

e.n.
    07-06-08 02:27 AM
    Great thanks for the link! I am going to give it a shot in a little bit and I will post back here the results! Thanks again!
    07-06-08 12:05 PM
    That worked!!! Thanks again for the help! On to play with some other areas!
    07-06-08 04:30 PM
    another way was to go to palm and download a program for sync with out look. you download it and 5 min later your sync with palm and outlook. it took me 6 days to figure out after i had done it by hand
    07-07-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD