When typing a text message the 160 character length displays on the top of the screen. (160 is standard for 7 bit coding) As you start to type that number counts down with every character used. Once you get through the first message, the character count resets. Instead of reseting to the 160, it goes to 145. And when you get through that second message and go on to a third it goes back to the 160. (keep in mind this is within one message, i don't mean to confuse when i say go to second, third message.. I believe you can send out a max of 6 at one time) I just wanted to know if this is something that everyone is experiencing???

(I noticed this when i first got the phone. I just happen to be on with AT&T with other questions and brought this up to them. They told me it must be a glitch in the phone.... so i'm bringing it up to the Forum.... )
    Last edited by Brian.Natkie; 07-05-07 at 10:27 PM.
    07-05-07 09:51 PM
    Are you entering subject information? I wonder if it's counting that, too...
    07-05-07 10:11 PM
    This is strictly an SMS issue... No subject line appears when typing a text.
    07-05-07 10:24 PM
    Ok, I tested it, and I get the exact same thing. Same on my Pearl & 8800...
    It's probably to do with the way it 'breaks' the message(s) up to send it. I could have sworn if sending to a BlackBerry device, if the message is over 160 characters they would still see it as 1 (one) message. But, on other non BlackBerry devices, it's multiple, and sometimes (back in the day) Cingular users had to send a code to get the remaining messages - most annoying...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-05-07 at 10:48 PM.
    07-05-07 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD