My friend has and enV2 and his phone will say "incoming call home" Does anyone know of an app that will say who is calling???
    03-02-09 03:29 PM
    Caller ID? Im not understanding your question.....

Also the way you program or label a contact....

*a lil confused*
    03-02-09 03:31 PM
    And if caller id and setting up your contacts with pictures or special names or ring tones is not good enough then yes there is at least on app that will give you a full screen picture of who is calling but only if you set it up.

All fo these require some sort of action on your part to set them up the way you want. Just as your friend must have set up the incoming call features on his enV2
    03-02-09 03:38 PM
    I mean a app that will say who is calling. example "Incoming call from home". In my car the bluetooth is not working and I am using a headset and I could just look at the navigation screen to see who is calling.
    03-02-09 03:49 PM
    Oh you mean speaks it?
    03-02-09 03:54 PM
    yes that would be cool
    03-02-09 04:09 PM
    You could very easily set up a ringtone that speaks the text you want and then set that are your ringtone for that specific contact.

This site will produce WAV files of the text you type in the box in a variety of "voices". Then you could convert the file to an MP3 and copy it to your phone and use it as a ringtone.

AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo
    03-02-09 05:16 PM
    Thanks for your help
    03-02-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD