Hi there! I am brand new to the forum so please accept my apology if this has been answered somewhere before. I tried to search before posting, but had no luck. I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and use a Plantronics 510 Bluetooth headset. My husband uses the same kind of headset with his LG Lotus phone. When he is on his headset and receives an incoming call, he hears "Incoming call from...." in his ear if the person is in his phone book. In addition, if he receives an SMS text message while using his headset, he gets an announcement and the text message is read in his ear. This is a great feature as he does not need to look at his phone at all when driving. He knows whether he wants to answer the call because he hears who it is that is calling. It is great for safety. Does anyone know if the BlackBerry 8330 Curve has this capability? I have the latest software installed. Thank you so much for any assistance that can be provided.
    08-10-09 04:11 PM
    Their Is No Way To Announce and ring with blackberry
    08-10-09 04:49 PM
    Hi there! I am brand new to the forum so please accept my apology if this has been answered somewhere before. I tried to search before posting, but had no luck. I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and use a Plantronics 510 Bluetooth headset. My husband uses the same kind of headset with his LG Lotus phone. When he is on his headset and receives an incoming call, he hears "Incoming call from...." in his ear if the person is in his phone book. In addition, if he receives an SMS text message while using his headset, he gets an announcement and the text message is read in his ear. This is a great feature as he does not need to look at his phone at all when driving. He knows whether he wants to answer the call because he hears who it is that is calling. It is great for safety. Does anyone know if the BlackBerry 8330 Curve has this capability? I have the latest software installed. Thank you so much for any assistance that can be provided.
    I use the BlueAnt Q2 which does that, and uses the Drivesafe.ly app or the Vlingo App on my Blackberry Bold 9780. The Jawbone Era is also a good headset with those apps as wel. Good luck with your choice.
    04-08-12 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD