I've FINALLY got both Ascendo Money and Wisespent on my 8310. How in the hootie do I get the data from Microsoft Money imported into either one?

Help!
    10-24-07 05:18 PM
    Turns out they both can import from Microsoft Money, and I want to use Wisespent over Ascendo. Problem is I think I need the desktop version of Wisespent in order to do it, and the file I downloaded is only loading to my BB. I've emailed Wisespent to see if I'm missing something. It'll be SO cool when I can view/edit my entries in Wisespent! I've GOT to give up the PocketPC for good and as it stands now I still have to cart it around cause I need SOMETHING mobile to keep track of my financial data. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. In the meantime does anybody know what I need to do to get Wisespent to import the Money file/entries?

Really could use some help here. I've almost got my BB 8310 up to speed with my everyday life!
    10-25-07 11:50 AM
    Uh update! I've decided to use Ascendo instead of Wisepsent. Wisespent keeps the debits and credits separate and I like to see them in one view like a check register, so Ascendo works way better for me.

Still dealing with the import/export issue, though. I still need to export the data from Ascendo to Microsoft Money because Microsoft has one thing over Ascendo, and it's that Microsoft operates like a real check register. It gives you the account balance after each and every transaction, so that I can see what the balance is whether checks have cleared or not, etc.

Anyway, I've gotten an export file out of Ascendo but I can't get it to import into Microsoft Money. Anyone tried this or something like it and can help me out?

Thanks!
    11-05-07 06:28 AM
    This is really easy to do, just launch Money, select file import and select the QIF file from ascendo. You may have to select the account to import into, but that's it. You can get detailed instructions in the Money Help file.

You can also import the Ascendo desktop information direclty to the blackberry by clicking on Syncronize when the BB is connected to the computer. Additional information available in the Ascendo help file that loads with the desktop application.

Also, I just tried Ascendo Money last night, had a few issues and contacted the developer, thought the response might help others here.

--Begin Ascendo Email--
    Hi,

Thanks for you questions. In the cases where the features are not present in the current version, I have made a note to discuss them for future versions.
    However, we cannot commit to implementing them or commit to a date for the next release.

<<Is there anyway to have the imported file overwrite the existing file in the desktop application?>> Not in the current version.

<<Additionally, would be nice to have a feature to only import a certain
    date>>
    Noted.

<<Also, the desktop application only treats my MS money "reconciled"
    transactions as "paid" in the desktop>>
    I will forward this to our development team to see if it can be corrected in a maintenance release.

<<Regarding the blackberry interface, why isn't there a running total column?>> We have planned to add this to the next major release.

<<Also, the display preferences do not hold over when I run a filter.>> I will forward this to our development team to see if it can be corrected in a maintenance release.
    --End of Ascendo Email--

All in all, it's a pretty good program (I have not purchased it yet) from what I can see and I would be running it as an addition to MS Money just to track expenses while I'm out spending. I tried jabplite and it looks great too, but had issues with the import/export of the QIF files.
    01-10-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD