I tried searching for this but came up empty, surprisingly.

I just got the Curve and I'm liking it. One of the first things I did was install Opera Mini, but I'm having an issue with it. On either medium or high (especially 'high') quality image settings, pictures on webpages stop showing up about 1/3 to 2/3 of the way down the page. This occurs on Engadget and Wowinsider, for example. This is not an issue with Opera Mini on my Treo 700wx (with images at high quality) so I figure something's strange about the Curve's handling of it.

First, does this happen to anyone else? I've gone from firmware 4.5.0.56 to 4.5.0.77 and it does the same thing. Or, does anyone know of a tweak, or a fix so I can use my beloved Opera browser? Thanks!
    Last edited by maldog; 08-31-08 at 09:26 AM.
    08-30-08 05:45 PM
    I discovered that opera mini holds off on loading images not physically seen on the screen. I'm guessing that this is the case for you. If you scroll to the part of the page the image you want to see is and wait for a brief time the image will load. If you are actively scrolling it may not load the image and assuming that you want to skip that content. This is advantageous for performance. If say there are a handful let's say 8 or 10 decent sized high quality images present and the BB loads all of them even the ones you can't see at the current scroll place it would scroll very slow or worse make you wait as it reprocesses all of the page data to change the placement of the image. This is why it doesn't load them all at once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 02:19 AM
    Mine does this as well. Its for ease of loading the page. The poster above said that if you just wait, the pic will load. I've never seen that happen. In my case, 1/3 or 2/3 of the pics load and that's it. UNLESS. Hit the MENU button, click PAGE INFORMATION and you will see "download pictures" and you will be served with a page that contains every image on that webpage. From this screen you will be able to email the pics, save them wherever you want, view them, set them as wallpaper... You get the picture. Terrible pun

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 06:14 AM
    I'm still running 4.2 and am having the same issue. Its not enough to turn me off of opera but just an annoyance every once in a while.
    08-31-08 07:50 AM
    I have been having issues as of yesterday morning with both my BB Bold. Every page i open it gives errors. Its definitely an issue with Opera the way it render the page. Hope it will be sorted out soon.
    08-31-08 08:01 AM
    Mamaluka, I agree, no amount of waiting will make those images show up.

Thanks for the responses, please keep them coming. I have reported this to the Opera Mini people to try to get a response, hopefully I'll hear something back:

xttp://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=248100

Sorry I can't post links yet, just replace the x with an h ^
    08-31-08 09:54 AM
    maybe you can try instagramini.com. i use this app to save Instagram photos or videos using opera mini.
    01-31-15 09:09 PM
    maybe you can try instagramini.com. i use this app to save Instagram photos or videos using opera mini.
    Congratulations. You just responded to a 6 year old dead thread.
    01-31-15 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD