4.5.0.174 is the newest for my 8320

since im still on .81 did anything change??? like wut new features have been added??

is it worth it upgrading?

pros and cons please
    12-11-09 12:02 PM
    anyone? please?
    12-12-09 09:10 AM
    There's no changes at all if you want to upgrade. I'm still running .81 and planning on sticking with it unless if they release 5.0 for gsm curves which I highly doubt. .81 is really stable and has never failed me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:16 AM
    .174 has worked great for me so far. It seems to be faster/ snappier.

12-12-09 12:52 PM
    like wuts faster??? installing apps faster or rebooting faster???

explain more
    12-12-09 12:59 PM
    There's no changes at all if you want to upgrade. I'm still running .81 and planning on sticking with it unless if they release 5.0 for gsm curves which I highly doubt. .81 is really stable and has never failed me.

what does gsm stand for? I've seen a few people listing a 5.0 OS for a curve. screen shots looked slick....where did they get it? and will it work on the 8330/sprint phone?
    12-12-09 01:54 PM
    what does gsm stand for? I've seen a few people listing a 5.0 OS for a curve. screen shots looked slick....where did they get it? and will it work on the 8330/sprint phone?

Ug...

GSM is "Global System for Mobile" communications. AKA SIM card phones.
    SIM is "Subscriber Identity Module". AKA the little card that goes into the phone to make it work.

None of which matters, as you have a CDMA phone.

CDMA is "Code Division Multiple Access". AKA "Hi Sprint, I need to activate this new phone. IMEI number...? What's IMEI stand for?"

Jack
    Last edited by zx7rou812; 12-12-09 at 04:22 PM.
    12-12-09 04:19 PM
    I would strongly suggest you upgrade to at least v4.5.0.102.

There was a demonstrated security flaw that affected '.81 and all other early versions. The later version have incorporated the security upgrade.

Your can use your carriers Upgrade web page or do it manualy.
    12-12-09 04:37 PM
    I would strongly suggest you upgrade to at least v4.5.0.102.

There was a demonstrated security flaw that affected '.81 and all other early versions. The later version have incorporated the security upgrade.

Your can use your carriers Upgrade web page or do it manualy.
    please explain more about that update, why is it required?? i been on .81 since i got the phone 4-5 months?
    12-12-09 04:51 PM
    Ug...

GSM is "Global System for Mobile" communications. AKA SIM card phones.
    SIM is "Subscriber Identity Module". AKA the little card that goes into the phone to make it work.

None of which matters, as you have a CDMA phone.

CDMA is "Code Division Multiple Access". AKA "Hi Sprint, I need to activate this new phone. IMEI number...? What's IMEI stand for?"

Jack
    Thanks, Jack. what about the 5.0 OS? any idea?
    12-12-09 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry browser dialog box does not clearly indicate mismatches between web site domain names and associated certificates

BlackBerry browser dialog box does not clearly indicate mismatches between web site domain names and associated certificates

Products:

BlackBerry� Devices

Impact:

A malicious user may be able to deceive a BlackBerry device user into connecting to a web site that is controlled by the malicious user.

Resolution:

RIM has issued a software update that resolves this issue in BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 and later.
    12-12-09 05:01 PM
    well im upgrading to .174

first time ever on this berry

since i have 1 hour to kill before goin out
    12-12-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD