If I am on my phone BBMing away and what not, and I have more than 1 convo going, my audio (alerts, rings) will jsut quit working. I wont hear any alerts for sms, mms, emails, BBMs and my phone will not ring.....

The ONLY way to slove this is to do a battery pull.. I must do 3 battery pills a day

Do any of you experience this at all???
    08-30-10 04:13 PM
    Nope. Never heard of it.

What OS and version of BBM do you have?
    08-30-10 04:28 PM
    Nope. Never heard of it.

What OS and version of BBM do you have?
    8330m
    BBM: 5.0.1.38
    08-30-10 04:55 PM
    Are you typing when these notifications as supposed to go off? Because mine does that all the time. If I am on the phone, doing things like scrolling around or typing, my phone will not sound. I believe the reason for the notification sound is to alert you when you are not on your device. Thusly, when you are on your phone, it doesn't alert you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 06:33 PM
    Are you typing when these notifications as supposed to go off? Because mine does that all the time. If I am on the phone, doing things like scrolling around or typing, my phone will not sound. I believe the reason for the notification sound is to alert you when you are not on your device. Thusly, when you are on your phone, it doesn't alert you.

You are 100% correct. I was not thinking. LOL
    Last edited by CASH; 08-30-10 at 08:55 PM.
    08-30-10 08:14 PM
    My 8320 does this too! I don't BBM or text a lot.
    For whatever reason, the audio rings, alerts etc just stop and the BB has to be rebooted...
    08-31-10 09:59 AM

Yes I am typing.. If I am doing more than 1 BBM convo and I'm typing, the phone wont ring.. I know that..

Then what I will do is let the phone sit, not touching anything and I can receive multiple BBMs and my phone won't ring (alert me) I will know I have a BBM, or message or what ever bc I have the LED status on.

There are times that I've missed phone calls bc the phone hasn't rung.

There is something wrong with the phone.. My original one did that, and this is a brand new one that has done it as well

Just and FYI.. I've had to do a battery pull 3 times today
    09-01-10 05:13 PM
    Battery pull #1 for today... LAME
    09-02-10 12:04 PM
    Just take the phone back.
    09-02-10 12:30 PM
    I know this was an issue with the 8330m Sprint .175 os and there was discussion about it in the forum. I used to have this problem until I updated to .186. May be your os and not your hardware.

09-02-10 04:48 PM
    Just take the phone back.
    LOL the phone is jsut over a year old
    I know this was an issue with the 8330m Sprint .175 os and there was discussion about it in the forum. I used to have this problem until I updated to .186. May be your os and not your hardware.

I am using US Cellular.. My OS is .169

So total number of battery pulls today is 3 LAME
    09-02-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD