Will deleting Facebook mess anything up??

Please answer.. thank you
    I had originally said I wouldn't recommend deleting facebook because I was of the opinion that the "flaws" and "glitches" were not a big deal. I have never personally experienced any of these issues.

However, after posting my opinion in this forum it generated some posts that brought to my attention the damages that could be done by leaving fb on your device.

I have changed my mind and would recommend deletion. The reason for my change: my bb is a biz tool and I rely on it for biz email. I also have some fun and games tools here and use it for entertainment (cb forums for example) but, if some of the "toys" interfere with the biz part of the bb - then toys go. Someone else had an issue that after deleting fb over 100 emails suddenly flooded in. I can't afford to have emails not get thru. I'd rather lose a nifty social tool then biz emails. I can always check fb from the mobile site without the app loaded or wait til I get home and use the laptop and there's also the option of having friends updates texted to you - I need to research if that still works if the app is deleted.

Hope that answers your question. You seem very thorough and I like that. It's always best to get several opinions before doing something. Also, see who the opinions come from. You'll see certain names pop up with great advice and others that aren't always very accurate. You can form your own opinions as to who gives good advice and who is not trustworthy. But, I saw some of my trusted advisors advising against fb app - so I deleted mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:22 PM
    I looked in the store the SMS app i was talking about is "QuickText" - I never used it 'cause it disables your speed dial for phone calls. I call more than text. So, it wasn't for me.
    A bit late on this but just wanted to make a clarification... QuickText does not disable your speed dial. I use both all the time. You can find QuickText in CrackBerry's software store under Internet & Communications.
    01-05-09 12:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD