Hi everyone, I am very new at this.. 2 days to be exact..
    I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer..

1. when i recieve an email to my hotmail address which is used on my bb it send me 2 messages.. one to my "messages" folder then one to my hotmail folder.. why does this happen? and how do i just get one message?
    2. i have the facebook application.. sometimes when i click on the icon at the bottom of the screen it says recieving... as it loads the site.. and sometimes it just pops up.
    When it just pops up is that because i am "online" already? and how do i close facebook on here totally?
    3. when something like fb comes up right away without loading and if it means i am online on fb am I using any of my monthly MB?
    4. what is the fastest way to send a text message?
    5. is there a sort of "send/recieve" i can do for my email? because i checked my hotmail today and i had 3 new, 2 were from facebook.. but i didnt get any notification on my bb. from hotmail or fb..
    do i have to be signed into fb on my bb to get all notifications?

I really hope someone can take the time to help me..

12-05-08 12:48 PM
    1. I hide my hotmail mail box and just use the message box.
    2. No idea, dont use facebook but I think its a main reason yu are not receiving emails like you should, FB for the berry, ALOT of people have issues with the constant hour glass, not receiving emails, battery draning etc, so its your call if you wnt to have it still.
    3. whats monthy MB?

Yes to receive notifications on the berry your app has to be open.
    12-05-08 12:56 PM
    monthly mega bytes.. the amount that i can browze download all that stuff.

how do i delete facebook?

does this get easier? im getting faster.. but so confused.

thank you for the help.
    12-05-08 01:03 PM
    What kind of plan do you have, if you have unlimited data, then you are good,

If you want to delete face book

Options, advanced, applications, scroll to FB, menu key, delete, then follow the device instructions to reboot.

Now, whenever you send service books, the icon will reappear, its JUST the icon, and will be just that till you INSTALLn again, I keep my icon hidden so I never have to see it, I dont use it, you can delete the APP per my instructions, but dont worry about it when you send your service book that it shows up, just hide it.

Service books basically tells your phone what your carrier allows, and its a good thing to learn how to send them as if you are havingt email issues - sending/receiving, just send them and it would be good.

Find the manage internet email icon, and follow that to send them, or log onto your rogers acct where you set up your email for the BB and you will see a link there,

You dont HAVE to delete FB, Im just letting you know more users suffer having it installed, than not Your choice. Welcome to CB

It gets ALOT easier, this forum, just browsing etc yu can learn SO much,
    12-05-08 01:17 PM
    Hi everyone, I am very new at this.. 2 days to be exact..
    I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer..
    Welcome to Crackberry, welcome to the addiction

1. when i recieve an email to my hotmail address which is used on my bb it send me 2 messages.. one to my "messages" folder then one to my hotmail folder.. why does this happen? and how do i just get one message?
    You are just getting 1 message � however it shows up in 2 boxes. If you read or delete the message it marks it read / deleted in both �in� boxes. The plain �message� folder shows ALL messages � Voice mail, calls, emails from ALL email accounts, SMS � everything � it�s just a general �in� box� � however, the individual message folders display messages to that folder. What a lot of users do is hide the message folder for infrequently used email accounts and then put the general �in� box on the top row of their icons. It also may help to go into message folder >> menu >> options >> sms and email inboxes >> select �separate� >> save and exit. What you may also like to do is pick an email folder that is your primary one (work, personal, you decide) and have that icon right next to your message folder. What that does is you can look at your home screen in a glance and see that you may have 10 messages � but without even checking them you can see that none of them are business related � understand??

4. what is the fastest way to send a text message?
    There�s an app called BBshortcuts. Do a forum search for the OTA link or go thru the store. This is a handy app. It assigns a side key the app. In the app you enter the addresses of commonly used SMS address recipients and email recipients and then scroll to that person and press trackball and your in the composition field. This saves the step of finding them from the address book. Also, if the address was the last one selected in this app, then pressing the side key jumps right to the last selection. And with just 2 clicks you�re composing. I know without the app it takes all of 5 seconds, but this is app has lots of other little bells and whistles � I love it, I think there�s a free trial, check it out. There was also an app out there (I never used so, can�t comment on) where t[you program the home screen speed dial to go directly to SMS rather than phone call. Just press �S� to SMS �Sally� or �P� for �Peter� and so forth. Do a forum search. I think it was called SMSdisplay or something like that.

I think all of the FB stuff was already answered. I have the app and have had ZERO problems. I use it primarily for uploading photos � I find it�s 10 times faster and easier that photobucket of Flickr. I don�t do much �social� stuff thru FB � so, maybe that�s why it hasn�t caused any problems for me.

Good luck!
    12-05-08 01:25 PM
    One more thing..
    I just got a message saying that i recieved and email at 1 pm.. its 2:30 pm now.. why the delay?
    if you explained this already.. i probably didnt understand..
    sorry..
    12-05-08 01:26 PM
    One more thing..
    I just got a message saying that i recieved and email at 1 pm.. its 2:30 pm now.. why the delay?
    if you explained this already.. i probably didnt understand..
    sorry..

From facebook, or a general email delay?

I dont know how the notifications work with FB, but Im gonna guess, its a whole FB issue you are having with delay/not receving email.
    12-05-08 01:29 PM
    I looked in the store the SMS app i was talking about is "QuickText" - I never used it 'cause it disables your speed dial for phone calls. I call more than text. So, it wasn't for me.

RE: hour and half delay for email......hmmmmm?? scratching head
    12-05-08 01:30 PM
    it is just email from hotmail..
    it doesnt seem right that it takes so long..

i know i asked already but is there an update for email.. a send/recieve type thing? to make them come through?
    Last edited by beginnergirl; 12-05-08 at 01:35 PM.
    12-05-08 01:32 PM
    Resend your service books (instructions in my post above) and register the device on the network - host routing table.

Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register.

It shouldnt take that long for emails, so follow my instructions about service books and HRT registering, otherwise, Id get rid of facebook, personally. Your call.
    12-05-08 01:34 PM
    Forrgot to adress your "how do I delete FB" question.

Homescreen >> options >> advanced options >> applications >> scroll to facebook (don't select - just hi-lite) >> menu (bb button) >> delete. Done

However, I don't recommend deletion of FB. I like it and think the "issues" are exaggerated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by alex1; 12-05-08 at 07:17 PM.
    12-05-08 06:38 PM
    Forgot to adress your "how do I delete FB" question.

Homescreen >> options >> advanced options >> applications >> scroll to facebook (don't select I just hi-lite) >> menu (bb button) >> delete. Done

However, I don't recommend deletion of FB. I like it and think the "issues" are exaggerated.

Till it happens to you

Ive answered 3 diff threads TODAY with all the same issues, no email, hourglass constant etc, all 3 people deleted FB and voila, no issues, what else would it be?
    12-05-08 07:00 PM
    Welcome aboard, beginnergirl! Hope you're getting all the help you need for your addiction.
    12-05-08 07:10 PM
    12-05-08 07:10 PM
    thanks for the help on service books
    12-05-08 07:13 PM
    Till it happens to you

Ive answered 3 diff threads TODAY with all the same issues, no email, hourglass constant etc, all 3 people deleted FB and voila, no issues, what else would it be?
    Really?? Thanks for the heads up.

It may not give me prob lems since I don't use it very heavy.

Good info. Again, Thank you very much.

12-05-08 07:20 PM
    Wow! I read those linked threads. Now, I'm scared to keep FB app. When severedeciet speaks - we listen.

Thanks again for shedding some light on FB possibly messing up email reception.

12-05-08 07:25 PM
    No problem
    12-05-08 07:26 PM
    12-05-08 07:37 PM
    Forrgot to adress your "how do I delete FB" question.

Homescreen >> options >> advanced options >> applications >> scroll to facebook (don't select - just hi-lite) >> menu (bb button) >> delete. Done

Why dont you reccomend deleting fb? will it screw something up?
    12-06-08 01:03 AM
    I think BB has a BIG flaw in the OS in several area. The way they handle Email is insane. You should not have to mingle SMS, MMS, messages, Email ect in one folder. I wonder why.. on version 4.5 no less that have not got it figured out. My old Treo 700P was much better at this (by a 1000%) and supposedly a less 'sophisticated' device. Yes, you can work around a few of the problems with the help of the smart people here, but not enough. I think the programmers and marketing people are clue less in this area. The BB has moved from the board room to main stream and they don't get it. I have been in the IT consulting biz for 25 years and they need to hire me to fix their mess (I won't charge them... much.... ha). In 6 months they would have a program outline and product set that would blow away any Windows, Google or any other OS.
    12-06-08 02:28 AM
    I think BB has a BIG flaw in the OS in several area. The way they handle Email is insane. You should not have to mingle SMS, MMS, messages, Email ect in one folder. I wonder why.. on version 4.5 no less that have not got it figured out.
    You just turn that feature off. It's the first thing I did when I got my phone and it's not even a feature you have to look too hard to find.
    12-06-08 03:32 AM
    Yeah...what he said.

Go into the options for your messages and select seperate under the heading of email and messages and you will have a seperate folder for email and for sms. Tada!!
    12-06-08 03:37 AM
    I have been in the IT consulting biz for 25 years...
    I think the end may be near...anything else you're good at?
    12-06-08 03:44 AM
    Why dont you reccomend deleting fb? will it screw something up?

Will deleting Facebook mess anything up??

Please answer.. thank you
    12-06-08 11:13 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD