I just got a BB and I know nothing AT ALL. I was able to set up my email but can you use the internet from the phone? Like could I go to the actual ebay site ? If so how do I get there or get that set up? I have a data plan...HELP!
    10-07-08 04:45 PM
    Click on the Globe Icon to launch the browser.

You can visit mobile sites (WAP) that are sites made for mobile phones. These will load and navigate much faster than full web sites.

A lot of sites have mobile sites as well! Here's a few links to get you started:

Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi

If you know the address of the site you want to visit click the menu button, then GO TO. From there you can typw in any address www or wap. Some full sites may load slower.

Make sure your browser is configured properly. While in browser:

Options
    Browser Configuration

Make sure all the boxes are checked. The emulation mode is set to Blackberry.
    Content mode set to WML & HTML.

There are so many mobile sites to enjoy! From CNN to Papa John's to Amazon and eBay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-07-08 at 04:55 PM.
    10-07-08 04:49 PM
    I just got a BB and I know nothing AT ALL. I was able to set up my email but can you use the internet from the phone? Like could I go to the actual ebay site ? If so how do I get there or get that set up? I have a data plan...HELP!
    there's tons of newbie lecture guides here that will help you out with everything you need to know. check those first...

and when all else fails, the "search forum" option is definetely your friend.
    10-07-08 04:53 PM
    When I click on the globe under services it just says email accounts. Do I have to do anything to activate the internet? What should it say to be able to go to a website?
    10-07-08 04:56 PM
    Yes, definitely check out the newbie lectures and read a lot of threads on here! There's tons of good info already posted!

But post if you have other questions and welcome to crackberry!

10-07-08 04:57 PM
    When I click on the globe under services it just says email accounts. Do I have to do anything to activate the internet? What should it say to be able to go to a website?
    Click on your blackberry menu button (to the left of the trackball) and in then click on Go TO. Remove the www and type in: wap.crackberry.com.

What happens?

Do you have unlimited data (web and email)?

If you have a data plan on your account you don't have to do anything extra to activate the internet. Make sure you have one.

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-07-08 at 05:02 PM.
    10-07-08 04:59 PM
    i thnk u r reffering to your bis login page. if you press the menu button on that page you should see go to
    10-07-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD