hey so i just got a blackberry...i want to put music on it and other stuff...but i dont know how..i tried conncting it it to my computer with the usb cable but nothing pops up on my desktop.and it says that the removable disk is empty...help!
    02-25-09 11:24 PM
    Do you have a media card in your BB?

Do you have Desktop Manager installed on your computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:26 PM
    i am not sure if i have a media card on my bb...does that matter?

where can i download desktop manager?
    02-25-09 11:27 PM
    Did you get a disk with the phone?
    02-25-09 11:29 PM
    You should have received a cd with your BB that you put in your pc that installs the desktop manager.

02-25-09 11:30 PM
    make sure go to OPTIONS- MEDIA CARD-- and where it say "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" make sure it says YES , aslo "mass storage mode support on" - ON.."encryption mode: - NONE... media card support" - ON... all those with those answers then when you plug it in, it should pop up with folder view. i figured it out today, and all you gotta do is drag the music you want into the folders..
    02-25-09 11:33 PM
    To find out about the media card, remove back cover and pull battery out. In the upper left of battery compartment should be a metal guard with a black card in it, probably says SanDisk on it if you have one. It's about half the size of a postage stamp. Check that and get back to us. And you don't need to turn off the BB to pull the battery, just pop it out. This is the recommended method of re-booting your device if it gets a glitch.

Or, as an alternate, click Options>Media Card and scroll to bottom and check available storage, should read in MB.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-25-09 at 11:40 PM.
    02-25-09 11:37 PM
    i am not sure if i have a media card on my bb...does that matter?

where can i download desktop manager?
    Yes it is important to have a media card especially if you plan on downloading or putting music, pictures and other media on your BB.

You can download desktop manager through Blackberry.com. Go to HERE
    and choose Desktop software v 4.6, fill out the form and save it to your computer. Once its on your computer, find it and install it.

~Jazzi~

02-26-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD