Hello,

I have a Curve 8310 since yesterday in the afternoon all my msgs, emails, conversations and call logs are wiping out its not storing the information and its very bad for me bcause i received al my bussiness emails thru my phone can anyone help ASAP thank you.
    11-20-08 10:38 AM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (I.e. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:41 AM
    Go to options > status. What is your free file memory? What you are describing is low memory. Your BB needs a minimum of 12000000 to operate smoothly. Your BB is deleting the logs and all trying to free up enough memory to run.

This is a link to free up file memory. Memory Optimization
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also do you have a memory card? If no consider getting one. They are cheap. Put all your photos, music, and downloaded ringtones on it. That frees up memory too.

11-20-08 10:44 AM
    Skull jinx! You owe me a diet coke!!

11-20-08 10:46 AM
    LOL THANKS A LOT I LOST EVERYTHING BUT THIS WILL KEEP ME OFF OF LOOSING MORE STUFF IN THE FUTURE THANKS A LOT WHAT I DID WAS THAT I DELETED SOME OLD PICTURES I HAD IN THE DEVICE MEMORY THAT I HAD THEM BEFORE I BOUGHT THE MEMORY CARD..
    11-20-08 10:49 AM
    Skull jinx! You owe me a diet coke!!

HAHA, how about a Red Bull?

11-20-08 10:50 AM
    Not before my job interview. Does a beer come with that?

11-20-08 10:51 AM
    I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION........................

HOW CAN I GET THE [email protected] TO STOP SENDING ME THOSE ANNOYING EMAILS?
    11-20-08 10:53 AM
    Never seen that email address. Try sending 'STOP' back to it.

11-20-08 10:56 AM
    Not before my job interview. Does a beer come with that?

No, just some Jagermeister!

11-20-08 10:57 AM
    Are you on BIS or BES? If BES I think your IT guy can stop it. If you are BIS you have to change something. I have to go get ready for a job interview. If no one can help, I will do so research after the interview and get back to you.

11-20-08 10:58 AM
    No, just some Jagermeister!
    I am taking you up on this after my interview!

11-20-08 11:00 AM
    This is what it says its what brings in the email and it brings a attachment ETP.DAT

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 114
    AdB5jUcAAAAAIBAIMjQ4QkYzM0UgF0ouUGVyZXpAdHNtZ2Rlc2 lnbnMuY29tANuLX7hQBUNN
    SU1FA0CAgICAMgAAMEM0M0E3REQ1K0crMgBR3rNbgvYwz+mXvi HNuMz7ABlgowJInX9ZxGn8
    uOWYZvtX
    ENDETP 2048488409

11-20-08 11:03 AM
    tHANKS VNDLEWIS I APPRECIATE IT
    11-20-08 11:06 AM
    Look at this thread and see if it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cho...ccident-73402/

11-20-08 05:45 PM
    i delete any software i dont use (like bb messenger etc) and set any media to automatically store on the memory card. also setting messages to delete every few days or deleting them yourself helps a lot. you can also navigate to desktop/options/security options/memory cleaning and set it to "enabled" this will defrag the memory and keep it from being cluttered. also by holding down alt and pressing "LGLG" this will bring up an event log. clearing this out will also save some memory. to clear it out simply open the menu and click clear log.
    11-20-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD