so its nuked. and yes i have already followed the crackberry 101 how to rez your bb to life from here. im stuck on this certain issue.

fast forwarding to the cmd prompt to apploader, no battery on the berry, plug in and as soon as usb-unknown pops up hit next, i do and then the next message is "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device and im pretty damn lazy to browse a folder up to notice the !@#$% thing is really there so contact your wireless service provider to waste more of your time and get back to me"

What the **** is this? and yes i DO have only ONE Os installed and both DM and OS is from ATT official just to make it safe from now...

any other suggestions? or wanna see me smash it up into little pieces and place it inside a big balloon that will lift it away into space......
    12-08-08 12:00 PM
    I'm not quite sure I understand what you're describing, but is this the jist of it? You plug in your berry, windows then says it's an unknown device and DM says it can't find the device / doesn't have software for the unknown device.

If that's it, then your USB ports on your computer need to be either re-installed (driver wise) or have the ESD build-up eliminated. Usually my unknown device issues have been from ESD build-up, so turn your PC off and unplug the power cord to it for 15-20 minutes. We don't want -any- power to even trickle into the machine. Doing this will allow any build-up of ESD around the USB control on the motherboard to dissipate. If this doesn't fix it, go into device manager (right click My Computer, choose Manage, choose Device Manager from the list) and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers find the entry(s) that say "Unknown" and right click/uninstall them. Then restart the comp. Your system should now recognize the device when plugged in. If STILL not, try using the same cable and plug it into another computer, then post back if that works.
    12-08-08 12:08 PM
    Pictures or Video please
    12-08-08 12:11 PM
    so this is what i followed

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

and its at the point where it has to NOT have the battery in and it has to say USB-UNKNOWN for it to work how the tutorial says.

My usb works great, and the phone does come up with the pin, but i dont need it to do that since the phone is nuked. its not working to revive the thing. My phone is in 507 i erased with jl cmdr. and im ready to re-install the OS but i keep getting the error message that there is no blackberry desktop software when following the tutorial.
    12-08-08 12:24 PM
    Did you try to pick up the install process where the install procedure is at the 507 error and not use the dead berry guide? It might work because it sees your pin like it should. Give it a try, also, you can try crackmem to load, and double check that vendor xlm file. It will keep poping up. You need to delete it every time you attempt to use apploader. Just give it a try.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 12:36 PM
    weird thing about this is that it does read my pin.... but check this out

when opening desktop manager (like how crackmem says) it doesnt AUTOMATICALLY install the OS. just sits there, and if i try to do it manually with app loader, nothing, same message. and yes crackmem does see the os.
    12-08-08 12:56 PM
    Did you check for the vendor xlm file? I bet it's there.

12-08-08 12:58 PM
    its not there. and yes i made sure it dissapears like houdini.
    12-08-08 01:01 PM
    It should check for the upgrade and give you the option to load. The only thing I've seen interfere with it is the vendor file, a bad DM or the wrong OS. Have you deleted your desktop manager and reinstalled it yet? You know to save the file and then install from your PC? I don't mean to over explain, just covering all the bases.

12-08-08 01:07 PM
    In crackmem, did you open the helpfile and follow the instructions to load your OS - it sees it, so it should install it.

12-08-08 01:09 PM
    What version of DM are you using?
    12-08-08 01:11 PM
    yeah, i had 4.7 dm, uninstalled that slapped on 4.6, still nothing, uninstalled and slapped on 4.5. and still same scenario. uninstalled everything pretty much and started from scratch.. just nothing seems to read the os i put in my pc. and theyre both official too from the site. cant pin point whats wrong here... maybe reg keys bugged out? am i gonna have to do some heavy reg editing? hope not.... any other ideas peeps?
    12-08-08 01:12 PM
    Just try to prompt crackmem to install. Other than that, uninstall everything, including OS and start over. Sorry, this is unusual.

12-08-08 01:15 PM
    Are you against trying another OS, not from AT&T?
    12-08-08 01:15 PM
    oh no, **** no! im open minded in any OS out there.. big fan of os upgrades... just tought that it would be wise to cut down as many issues as to why dm 4.6 is not reading my os... but reading my phone pin, and it reads it like if it has a os installed. im starring at it with the 507 on the face, and dm working up.... i guess im gonna try from scratch again, reinstall my whole pc OS and work my way there....lol....
    12-08-08 01:19 PM
    Do you use vista by chance? I have seen the rare thread with people having vista unable to upgrade, I dont know cause as I have vista and have upgraded 4 times, just one of those things...
    12-08-08 01:21 PM
    Also try to plug in, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and check to see if the list of applications included with the OS are there, if they are, click next then click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install.

12-08-08 01:21 PM
    ok, so i literly uninstalled every bit of DM and OS info that was on my machine, installed DM 4.6 again! and os from rogers provided from here on the forums page... now i get to a point where the dm sees the device, (not trying it the nuked bb way) and i can see it sees the os, but im getting this weird message....

The application "email setup application" cannot be loaded because some required files are not available.

ok...... can anyone help translate this into proper english?
    12-08-08 06:42 PM
    Basically the manage internet email icon... you can IF you want continue and do all your email management from your carrier website, but you will also have to log in there to send service books, fine if you are by a PC..

Sounds as though that file maybe a lil jacked if no email files are avail..

Maybe try ANOTHER version of 4.5 that shouldnt have done that if the file was 100% a-o-k
    12-08-08 06:46 PM
    no problem with me, but how the **** do i remove it so it doesnt install it?
    12-08-08 06:49 PM
    I dont know, it started to install yes?
    12-08-08 07:06 PM
    lol. no its at the device application selection and asking me what i want to install... but if i hit next it will say that it cant cause of email application..... and its greyed out, i cant just click on it to not install it and bypass that.
    12-08-08 07:13 PM
    Well, cant you just install that version and reinstall another 4.5? if you havnt got it upgrding yet?
    12-08-08 07:15 PM
    i did, and have tried the official os, and all other os i can think of for the 8310 deleting the vendor.xml etc..... i should just go with the hammer and balloon then huh....
    12-08-08 07:18 PM
    Tried the one at the top of this forum ?
    12-08-08 07:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD