Not sure which forum was best (I'm sure someone will tell me...

I'm getting weird messages in my in box... they all start with something like //BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL CL= then goes on for 30 more digits and letters.

It seems to happen after I've downloaded or changed something.
    08-03-08 04:14 AM
    mabye its an update
    ive never heard of this
    08-03-08 04:15 AM
    Never mind, I just searched and found many others with the same BREW messages.

I'll call verizon to get it straight
    08-03-08 04:17 AM
    good luck!
    08-03-08 04:20 AM
    Post back with the solution! Maybe someone else is having a similar issue and you can help them too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 08:34 AM
    Post back with the solution! Maybe someone else is having a similar issue and you can help them too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The solution is this:

Msgs are from the old phone having a GIN applications trying to talk with the BB. Usually from mobile email. To stop this you must cancel all GIN (Get IT Now) subscriptions prior to activating your BB. If not they need to re-activate the old device and have you cancel them, or put up with msgs for 48 hours and they will stop.
    08-03-08 08:38 AM
    The solution is this:To stop this you must cancel all GIN (Get IT Now) subscriptions prior to activating your BB. If not they need to re-activate the old device and have you cancel them, or put up with msgs for 48 hours and they will stop.
    I just called Verizon. Yes it does have a relation to Get it Now - in my case Mobile Email. The tech support confirmed that getting the get-it-now app removed before activating the BB should prevent it. OR, she can de-activate my BB, reactivate my Razr, then back again, OR, ir should stop in a day or two.

I'm going to leave it as it is to test this and will report back. I'm also going to do a search and ad this info to similar threads
    Last edited by hal1; 08-03-08 at 10:18 AM.
    08-03-08 09:59 AM
    Is this to say, that if I choose to do nothing they should stop on their own in a couple days?
    Thats what I am saying. but it is quite annoying for those two days. I had the samething when I got BB, as I was getting mobile email on my Env
    08-03-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD