OK, I dropped my phone in the toilet bowl. I got it out super fast and it was in a hard case......Should be ok, right? Well, I am not sure. It makes the noise when I get a text or email, but the screen won't turn on. HELP

Before that, it said the radio was off; what the heck is that?????

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I WILL DIE WITHOUT MY PHONE!

Marcie
    09-13-08 05:24 PM
    make sure the phone is off put it in a bag with rice battery out (but in the bag) close the ziploc let it sit there and let the rice dry it out
    dont turn it on till its dry otherwise you may blow the circuits
    09-13-08 05:26 PM
    Remove the battery immediatly. Get a zip lock bag of rice and put the phone in for a couple of days. If it is going to work then it will, if not a new phone or insurance claim, if you have it is in your future
    09-13-08 05:27 PM
    Take out the battery and let it sit for about 1 day. then put the battery back and if it still doesn't work then that means its ruined and you have to buy a new one. Sorry that happened man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 05:29 PM
    If Its Making Like A Sizzling Sound When U Get Text And Phone Calls Then Your Motherboard Is Shot..
    09-13-08 05:34 PM
    It is suggested that "minute rice" is the preferred rice (it you aren't at the store buying some right now!) and, if all of the similar posts are true, this should help. I've read in other posts on this subject that you should leave it there for 1 to 2 days. I hope you can survive for that long. And, if it really is dead, that you have insurance. This is one of those times when it really pays off! Good luck!
    09-13-08 05:46 PM
    If you didn't take the battery out straight away then you may be in trouble. If the water was contaminated in any way then rinse the phone out with clean water. Ideally you would dismantle the phone and clean it with electrical solvant but if this can't be done rinsing it can make all the difference. This will avoid residue being left on the components as the phone dries out. Ideally you should dissassemble the phone and clean the components with electrical solvent cleaner. The main problem is residues/corrosion. The battery may also be damaged if it got wet. I used to repair water damaged phones and it was very rare that a phone could not be revived.. Most phones that appear to be "dead" actually aren't.

09-13-08 05:48 PM
    I think you killed your BB.
    You tried turning it on after you took it out?

09-13-08 05:59 PM
    Thanks...I took everything apart and dried everything. Not too much water got in because of the cover, but enough. Of course I am stuck in a hurricane in Houston at a hotel and can't get any rice.

But the 3 pink xxx are on the battery, guess I will be filing an insurance claim...
    09-13-08 06:55 PM
    Thanks...I took everything apart and dried everything. Not too much water got in because of the cover, but enough. Of course I am stuck in a hurricane in Houston at a hotel and can't get any rice.

But the 3 pink xxx are on the battery, guess I will be filing an insurance claim...
    if ur battery has three pink xxx;s on it.. that means water damage and usually insurance will not cover water damage.. i know att doesnt
    09-13-08 06:59 PM
    Looks like no one answered this part lol..... Yay I get to help....

Radio off means that all your connections are turned off.. Mobile, Wifi and Bluetooth.
    09-13-08 07:01 PM
    if ur battery has three pink xxx;s on it.. that means water damage
    Wrong the xxxx's mean NO water (to the battery), they would bleed to a solid color
    if it was water damaged. I have three non water damaged batteries
    all of which have the xxxx's
    09-13-08 07:07 PM
    You guys are great! That is reassuring about the water damage. I think it's just as confused as I am right now! LOL I have no rice but used a hair dryer, probably not the best idea...It turns on now, but when it gets to the checking something part with the loading line it goes black.

Guess I will leave it alone for a day or so.
    09-13-08 07:14 PM
    Dryer is one of the worst things that you can do, this can push water deeper in areas you do not want water in. Get the rice or let it just air dry. Leave that battery out! the more you turn it on the better the chance of further damage. There is not quick fix for this. Good luck
    09-13-08 07:24 PM
    You should also check the little square sticker above the SIM
    card. If it is it should be white. If it is pink that is how your
    carrier will know the phone has water damage.
    09-13-08 07:32 PM
    Really, just let it sit for a day or two, with the back off and the batt out, with or without rice. I did the same thing with another phone of my some time ago, you need to just let it sit, or it can corrode the motherboard when trying to get it to work.

(I ended up calling on my insurance, they sent me a new phone, but by that time, my phone worked great... And I still had to pay the 50.00 fee or whatever it was... It really sucked..)

P.S. A rep told me they have more stickers on the inside of the phone to tell if it's been wet (Don't know how true that was) so, be careful on how you return it if you do.
    Last edited by Silverwings2005; 09-13-08 at 07:37 PM.
    09-13-08 07:32 PM

No one else has mentioned this since your post noted above, but you and your neighbors in Houston are in our prayers (they are, aren't they fellow CB addicts?!) - I've been in emergency services for more than 40 years, worked the Hurricane Andrew disaster and then Charlie not that long ago, and was in New Orleans on day 1 after Katrina. I KNOW what you must be going through. If you are like most in the Houston area right now you may or may not have electricity. If you do, great (DON'T USE THE HAIR DRYER) but take care and be safe. The berry is the least of your worries right now. Good luck!!
    09-13-08 08:30 PM
    Would you like me to ship you some rice?

We have white, brown, wild, minute, par-boiled, cheese & brocolli, spanish, chicken or beef.

I'd just toss it in the river...

But I seriously hope this works out for you. And my wife dropped a brand new Razr in the toilet, last year. Do you want to know the funny part? One of the first things I asked her was...What, are you ******** or something? LOL!!!

09-13-08 09:05 PM
    Wrong the xxxx's mean NO water (to the battery), they would bleed to a solid color
    if it was water damaged. I have three non water damaged batteries
    all of which have the xxxx's
    I was going to reccomend the rice trick but several people beat me to it!

Insurance covers water damaged, lost and stolen phones... Also, the pink Xs means the phone ISN'T water damaged. Mine is still a pink-ish purple color and my phone is less than a momth old. No water damage here. If the pink Xs blur all over THEN its water damaged. I sold cells for 2 years and I know my stuff haha!

Sorry thats what i meant.. I was responding to fast and mixed up what i was saying lol... My bad
    09-13-08 09:08 PM
    I am sorry that happened to you, but this a "******" does not make. Pretty strong term for what happened. That word gets thrown around far too much.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 09-14-08 at 02:27 PM.
    09-14-08 10:47 AM
    OK, I dropped my phone in the toilet bowl. I got it out super fast and it was in a hard case......Should be ok, right? Well, I am not sure. It makes the noise when I get a text or email, but the screen won't turn on. HELP

Before that, it said the radio was off; what the heck is that?????

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I WILL DIE WITHOUT MY PHONE!

Marcie
    I did that exact same thing. i just flushed it right away to get it out from being submerged. then grabbed it out real fast. it was fine. i of coarse cleaned the crap out of it.... haha, poor choice of words... it was just water, but anyway. it was fine.
    09-14-08 11:37 AM
    I did that exact same thing. i just flushed it right away to get it out from being submerged. then grabbed it out real fast. it was fine. i of coarse cleaned the crap out of it.... haha, poor choice of words... it was just water, but anyway. it was fine.
    Great choice of words lol.

I always use with out new customer that call us about their new curves, that come from their regular cell or other BB devices.

There will always be a learning CURVE with this device. The apologize for the pun.
    09-14-08 11:42 AM
    Hope the bowl was clean!!!!! LOL
    09-14-08 12:43 PM
    I am sorry that happened to you, but this a "******' does not make. Pretty strong term for what happened. That word gets thrown around far too much.
    Seriously a "crappy" situation to be in , BUT some of us within the forums actually have handicapped children and that word is a little too carelessly used.

09-14-08 01:26 PM
    She has Sprint for $7 a month u can just get a new one.
    09-14-08 08:53 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD