Any suggestions on how to handle this device?

I have a Mac. I use GMail for my main email. I'm with Sprint.

Forgive me since I'm a BB noob.
    07-09-09 03:58 PM
    Any suggestions on how to handle this device?
    Hold gently with two hands
    lol

Im sure theres gonna be people who tell you to search, which you should do in addition to asking any questions, but is there anything in particular you want to know about? there is also a mac section here for further questions.

as far as gmail goes, i have 3 gmail addresses going to my sprint curve. You will have no problem there, unless you actively use the folders/labels/other gmail "extras", in that case, they are working on gmail plugin. and there is a gmail app available for the curve. for me, i just use it to send/receive emails. and havent needed anything more than the default BB email service has delivered.

media and stuff: I have a mac as well and use the BB mass storage mode for this. iTunes can convert your songs to mp4 which will save you space on your card. just drag and drop from your itunes window. or finder. or if you dont use media, then dont worry about it lol.

syncing: i use pocketmac syncmanager, and the only problem i have is with calender entries. they dont sync. Some suggest using googles sync solution, or the other mac sync client. Notes sync over to Stickies on your mac, and everything else has multiple sync options for everything on your blackberry. even has itunes playlist sync support.

as for general use, i love the phone. once you get used to the trackball/menu buttons to do stuff, its really easy, and everything message-wise is centralized to your message inbox. rather than checking 4859 diff apps (facebook, myspace, IM, BBM, E-mail, sms, MMS, calls) for messages, all go to the inbox. you can of course separate those if its easier for you.

if you have any other questions PM me, or post here, or BBM me once you get the curve
    07-09-09 05:32 PM
    I am thinking about buying a curve off of ebay! does anyone know how the one year warranty works if there is a problem? Like going through alltel if I have a problem they just get me a new one! Is there away to deal with blackberry directly? Wouldn't be a big deal but I have the worse luck with phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 05:55 PM
    If you have insurance on your plan, then im assuming they will replace it. Only familiar with sprint TEP, but im sure each carrier has their own thing. If you buy off ebay, im not too sure if there will be warrenty, especially if you buy from a person. if you buy from a phone retailer, they may offer their own form of warrenty, you'd have to ask them.
    07-09-09 05:59 PM
    Have fun with it man, i just got mine a month ago, and its a must for my business!
    07-09-09 06:02 PM
    if you have any other questions PM me, or post here, or BBM
    me once you get the curve

I hope this is directed to anyone who needs some help. So, can you help me?
    Last edited by JRCxyz; 07-09-09 at 06:32 PM.
    07-09-09 06:23 PM
    Rogo, if you check this, I just sent you a PIN invite: Benjamin Kim. First Blackberry, and I'm kinda clueless.
    07-09-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD