I want to upgrade my BB 8830 to 4.5. Before I do this, I want to make sure I can un-brick my phone if I screw up the OS install.

Is it possible to fix your BB after you brick it during an OS update?
    02-11-09 06:26 PM
    Yes you are able to fix it. Look up Blackberry 101, theres a lot of info their.
    02-11-09 06:28 PM
    Yes it is.. Search recover nuked berry and you will find the answer..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 06:28 PM
    02-11-09 06:36 PM
    Tanker811, tae_254, and Tremortality,

Thanks a lot for the help!
    02-11-09 07:43 PM
    3T's - nice, 4 if you count your name lol

No problem. Hope you get it sorted out.

Trem
    02-11-09 08:00 PM
    Now why plan on bricking your Berry?

You want Berry splatter?

Never worry, never fear. Only iPhones get bricked forever.

Oh no! The fifth T!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 08:32 PM
    I want to upgrade my BB 8830 to 4.5. Before I do this, I want to make sure I can un-brick my phone if I screw up the OS install.

Is it possible to fix your BB after you brick it during an OS update?
    Yeah it's possible to recover but as long as you take your time on the os install it's very simple to do.
    02-11-09 08:36 PM
    I just recovered mine, not sure what happened, but someting went wrong while reinstalling my os. but it's fixed now, was very simple to do just read the 101 on how to recover nuked blackberry
    02-11-09 08:55 PM
    Absolutely and its not that hard. I've bricked mine at least twice since I've owned it (after Thanksgiving) and she's workin' like a champ now! This is the first BB I've ever owned, so I really thought I was in deep trouble for sure. However following the instructions in the link on How to Recover a Dead Berrry in my sig did the trick Also, if you run into problems, one of us is always around to help ya through too IF you have tried the other options though.

~Jazzi~

02-11-09 09:02 PM
    I appreciate all the help and suggestions. Thanks everybody...
    02-11-09 09:47 PM
    I just recovered mine, not sure what happened, but someting went wrong while reinstalling my os. but it's fixed now, was very simple to do just read the 101 on how to recover nuked blackberry
    When the BB is connected to the desktop manager, I see a screen on the BB that shows it's connected to the computer. Does this screen stay on during the OS install or do you go back to your everyday BB screen?

When I hit install, the picture of my BB that shows it's connected goes away and I get my regular BB screen. Not sure if this is right or wrong.
    02-11-09 10:54 PM
    I am trying to reload the software for a 8310. I followed all the steps from the 101 directions. The problem is when I hit next once the "pin unknown" shows up I get a message that says I do not have the software for this phone. I know I have the software for it. It is listed in my installed programs. Why is it not recognizing it?
    02-18-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD