There's an icon on my 8310 that popped up a few days ago that I can't figure out for the life of me. I currently just have the dimension zen theme running, and the icon is a globe in the notification area with a #1 by it. I can't seem to find the app that it corresponds to. It's probably obvious, but it's stumped me. I'd appreciate any help, including how to get rid of it! Thanks!
    08-14-09 01:11 AM
    GPS. e911 or something like that. if you turn GPS on there should be 3 lines beside that icon. either that or i'm totally missing my mark (which isn't unheard of)
    08-14-09 01:13 AM
    Browser message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 01:15 AM
    Yeah I'm sure well at least 99% sure its a browser message, its happened to me and I don't know how I did it. Lol

08-14-09 01:17 AM
    I've never used the GPS on my device, so I'm not sure how that works. If it's a browser message, any idea how to check it or get rid of it? I can't find anything in my browser options to do so.
    08-14-09 01:20 AM
    Nothing in your messages folder? After all, it is a "catch all" folder.

08-14-09 01:27 AM
    to get rid of it, open your browser, -- bookmark and delete the item under browser channels
    08-14-09 01:27 AM
    Look into your messages folder like xliderider suggested!

08-14-09 01:29 AM
    If you click the BB button and scroll down to save page it will save that page and you will see that globe icon, then goto your Messages folder click on it and bam its gone and your back to that page you just saved.

08-14-09 01:31 AM
    Thanks guys, I think you helped me figure it out! I feel stupid now that it took me that long, but oh well.
    08-14-09 01:31 AM
    I've tried everything suggested but nothing has worked! Anymore suggestions?
    09-19-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD