Ok, I followed the help sticky on installing a new os, and wiped my blackberry clean to do a clean install. I did all the steps and the 507 white screen showed up, except when I started the dm up and went to the apploader, it's saying there are no software avalabie for my device. Now my device isn't eeven showing up as connected to the dm. PLEASE HELP!! i'M ABOUT TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK,. I have had this curve for 3 whole days now. Did I completely mess it up??
    08-01-08 11:14 PM
    Do you have the current OS on your PC installed.

You need that installed on the pc to make this work...
    08-01-08 11:15 PM
    I installed the version 4.5 to replace the 4.2 I had. What I did was remove the 4.2 and downloaded the 4.5 for the curve 8320 with tmobile. Can I fix this or no??
    08-01-08 11:17 PM
    Wow tried installing a Beta OS after having your Blackberry for 3 days? Brave man
    08-01-08 11:19 PM
    Wow tried installing a Beta OS after having your Blackberry for 3 days? Brave man
    I would appreciate it if you could offer me a suggestion on how to fix this.
    08-01-08 11:23 PM
    yes it can be fixed.......

1. does the USB drive work with anything else.

2. is the phone on(battery in it)?

3. Maybe try rebooting the computer.

4. plug in blackberry first then start desktop manager.

5. what ver are you running for desktop manager?

6. try deleting the Vendor.xml file then plug blackberry back in and launch apploader.
    08-01-08 11:24 PM
    I'm running 0s 4.5 the one posted on the sticky. I don't undertand what you mean about the usb. When I run the Desk Manager, it's not showing any device anymore.
    08-01-08 11:26 PM
    Uh what provider are you with?
    08-01-08 11:33 PM
    I'm with tmobile
    08-01-08 11:35 PM
    is that the device you have for T mobile.. updating your profile would help as well... I have no clue what you have nor provider.....

also have you rebooted your computer? This will make sure the USB port is not hung up.......

also did you delete the vendor.xml file? It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    Then plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
    Last edited by yester18; 08-01-08 at 11:39 PM.
    08-01-08 11:37 PM
    I apologize, I'm very new to this. I don't know how to update yet. I have a Curve 8320 with Tmobile as my carrier. I purchased the phone directly from tmobile.
    08-01-08 11:38 PM
    Okay. follow the steps above......
    08-01-08 11:40 PM
    is that the device you have for T mobile.. updating your profile would help as well... I have no clue what you have nor provider.....

also have you rebooted your computer? This will make sure the USB port is not hung up.......

also did you delete the vendor.xml file? It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    Then plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
    I did this, there is no prompt to upgrade. I really am freaked out now. Also, it won't show any device being connected, there is no pin showing. I don't know if that makes a difference
    08-01-08 11:49 PM
    What? No follow up yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 11:49 PM
    08-01-08 11:51 PM
    08-01-08 11:52 PM
    I had these same troubles earlier today. I followed the nuked blackberry 101 step by step and it helped me from jumping off of a bridge.

use the apploader and not the DM to recover the phone. The DM wont recognize it.

Follow the steps, mindavis. they are your path to nirvana.
    08-02-08 12:08 AM
    Ok, I just redownloded the 4.2 version that came withmy phone. But there is no vendor.xml to delete?? I went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader but I don't see any AppLoader folder. What do I do now??
    08-02-08 12:30 AM
    you downloaded it... well you have to install it.
    08-02-08 12:31 AM
    Ok, I'm sorry but THERE IS NO APPLOADER FOLDER?? I can't find it anywhere.
    08-02-08 12:38 AM
    do you have desktop 4.5 installed as well. that is the current version
    08-02-08 12:40 AM
    I'm really sorry but I'm getting kind of stressed out and freaked here. Let me start from the beginning. I have a 8320 curve from tmobile who is also my carrier. I uad the origianl 0s on my curve and decided to try and update it using the sticky not and directions from the poster named Graz. Will I wiped my blackberry clean using the JL Whatever program. For some reason I couldn't get the app to load on to my blackberry. So I deleted the 4.5os version from my computer. I reinstalled the orginal os 4.2 which came in a cd form from Tmobile. I went to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Apploader to delete to Vendor.xml file except there was no Apploader file. It goes straight to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry. I can't find the Apploader or the XML file anywhere on my computer. I am running Windows Vista and everything was working fine till I decided to try to upgrade my os. I know I am an ***** but could someone pleaase help me and tell me what to do next? Every link keeps telling me to find the vendor.xml and delete it but what if I don't have that anywhere on my computer??
    08-02-08 12:45 AM
    If the OS you are going to install is from T-Mo, you do not have to delete the vendor.xml file. You only have to do that if you are going to install one from another carrier. Go to the next step.
    08-02-08 12:50 AM
    apploader should be in ( in XP ) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

check the common files folder. Thats where it is for me.
    08-02-08 01:00 AM
    Ok, I went to the bnext step for the nuked blacknberry but it's showing my pin not unknown like the screen shot. What now??
    08-02-08 01:00 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD