Im guessing this is quite the opposite than all the other post i have read requesting something similar... here it goes..

I want to be able to turn off all incoming and outgoing signal from my mobile network (service provider) and still be able to connect to my pc via bluetooth or usb and if possible use my computer's internet connection through bluetooth or usb to use the blackberry messenger for free while im traveling.

Is this at all possible?? I know its the opposite then what people are asking which is to turn the phone into a modem, and thats NOT what i want.

If this sounds confusing let me know and i'll elaborate...

Thanks

Alex
    04-26-09 09:57 PM
    Well I know it was possible with my winmobile device never tried it with my bb but hey give it a try...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 10:53 PM
    I don't know if its possible but have you turn those things off and tried to see if it's do-able?
    04-26-09 10:55 PM
    well i know how to turn off the mobile network and connect to blackberry desktop manager via bluetooth or usb but i dont know how to transfer the internet connection to the blackberry itself.

Alex
    Last edited by avillabon; 04-26-09 at 11:50 PM.
    04-26-09 11:00 PM
    Not possible. Sorry.
    04-27-09 07:26 AM
    I thought so..

Thanks anyways

Alex
    04-27-09 09:35 AM
    Just curious, why do you want to do this?
    04-27-09 01:10 PM
    I believe the OP wants to do this in order to get data functions on the BlackBerry (via the computer's internet connection) rather than paying the phone carrier for data.
    04-27-09 07:40 PM
    exactly! you see, im going to china and roaming charges for data in my carrier is just ridiculously expensive... its almost like they dont want me to use it!

but since this is not possible.. i guess ill use it but very little

Alex
    Last edited by avillabon; 04-27-09 at 11:50 PM.
    04-27-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD