I have read at least 25 threads on this and i hate to start a new thread on this as i am sure the answer is there but... Tha auto signature for my blackberry "this message was sent from my blackberry on the rogers network" message that attaches to every email i send it very annoying and i cannot get rid of it. I try to log in to rogers bis site with my pin number and imei number and it tells me that ...."Your account is not accessible via a html browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service. So i try on my curve 8310 and get the requested page cannot be displayed. I am going to h t t p s ://bis.na.blackberry.com/html/ from both my desktop and my blackberry and still no luck. I have even tried the desktop manager suggestion in some of the threads but in my desktop manager i only have under options is "connections settings" and "data folder settings" Anyone else on the rogers network get rid of this. I spoke to a business representative for rogers that i seen at one of my corporate events and he said that there is no way it can be removed. Is it true on the rogers network you cant get rid of that?

Please Help!!!

Thanks and keep up the great site i love it, Wiz
    12-17-07 12:08 AM
    This should do the trick:

This is from the KB articles at blackberry.com

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2027283824

Environment
    BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.4
    Note: To determine which version of the BlackBerry Internet Service you are using, see KB04989.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure
    BlackBerry Internet Service 2.4 provides new BlackBerry Internet Service users with an Automatic Login feature that does not require a user name or password to be entered when accessing the account directly from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Some integration types, such as IBM� Lotus� Domino�, Microsoft� Outlook or BlackBerry� Mail Connector, require an Internet browser for configuration. Additionally, some features of a BlackBerry Internet Service email integration, including signature and filters, can only be modified from a computer browser interface. In these cases the BlackBerry Internet Service user must change from Automatic Login mode to one requiring a user name and password.

To change from Automatic Login mode to requiring a user name and password and be able to access the BlackBerry Internet Service using a computer browser, complete the follow steps:

Click Setup Wizard or E-mail Settings icon.

Note: Icons may be different depending on the BlackBerry smartphone service provider or theme.

Click Services and Settings.

Click Create User Name.

The BlackBerry Internet Service user will be prompted with a screen stating that this is a permanent change. This change will allow access using a computer browser as well as the BlackBerry smartphone. Enter a valid username and password.

The BlackBerry Internet Service user may then login using their service provider specific web site using the user name and password to access the BlackBerry Internet Service account from a computer browser. Navigate to your service provider web site or go the Email Setup page. In the Get started from your computer section, select a Region and then click your service provider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Info
    For more information on BlackBerry Internet Service 2.4 and Automatic Login, see KB13955.

For more information about BlackBerry Internet Service account creation troubleshooting, see KB11465.

Products & Services:
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    Last edited by John Clark; 12-17-07 at 12:56 AM.
    12-17-07 12:53 AM
    Great response... Thank you very much That did the trick and i appreciate it i have spent hours just reading different (but very much the same) threads on how to do this and your instructions are the only ones which worked. Thanks Again!!!

Wiz
    12-18-07 12:09 AM
    Worked like perfectly.....THANKS!
    05-04-08 10:01 PM
    John, thanks for the detailed setup instructions. I've made the changes (adding user id and password) but cannot figure how to access the BIS service via my desktop so I can login and change my email signature...I am sure it's something obvious but I've missed it. Any help would be appreciated.

-stefan
    05-08-08 02:23 PM
    John, thanks for the detailed setup instructions. I've made the changes (adding user id and password) but cannot figure how to access the BIS service via my desktop so I can login and change my email signature...I am sure it's something obvious but I've missed it. Any help would be appreciated.

-stefan
    If you haven't gotten it, drop me a PM and I'll let you know what I had to do to get mine working.

Jim
    05-13-08 08:30 PM
    n/m

frustrating but I got it... thanks!
    Last edited by TDRock; 05-15-08 at 06:10 PM. Reason: under control
    05-15-08 05:18 PM
    My screen is different after I get to the e-mail set-up option. Any suggestions to remove the Verizon Wireless signature that always appears?
    07-02-08 01:17 AM
    that was the most helpful post I have read. Thank you so very much, I lost many hours I won't get back trying to get the info - you are a Godsend
    10-19-08 01:48 AM
    So I was trying to setup some filters for my wife's Storm for her gmail account via the web browser and kept getting that same error.
    The fix on this thread didn't really help because much like JamieWW I did not get the services and settings option.
    I was finally able to do it by going into the filters option in the email setup on the Storm, then clicking the app key which gave me an option on the menu to create a username, once I did that the access thru the web browser was turned on.
    10-27-09 11:49 PM
    I don't care how many times people say it, these forums are GREAT!
    Thanks for the instructions.
    12-04-09 12:47 PM
    good good.
    12-04-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD