Yesterday I tried to update my wife's 8320 and after it wiped everything off the phone it had a message that it couldn't continue with loading new software. Now my wife is mad so I really need help to get her phone going again!! Also I have a "nuked" 8320 and the same thing happened with it.
    I was using the 101 lecture, I downloaded the desktop and phone software from the blackberry website following the links from the 101 lecture.
    Last edited by firemanjd; 05-16-09 at 03:12 AM.
    05-15-09 11:01 PM
    Was you using the 101 lecture?

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-15-09 at 11:33 PM.
    05-15-09 11:30 PM
    Was you using the 101 lecture?

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

The OP stated they were using the 101 lecture.

I was using the 101 lecture, I downloaded the desktop and phone software from the blackberry website following the links from the 101 lecture.
    05-16-09 04:07 AM
    Meanwhile the OP's question remains unanswered :-) it's not an area of expertise for me but here is a link that may help - http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/big...y-help-122386/

Edi: A more direct link - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Last edited by jbeachy; 05-16-09 at 06:57 AM.
    05-16-09 06:50 AM
    To, the OP.
    1: What OS are you using on your pc?
    2: What desktop manager version are you using?
    3: Does the desktop manager recognize your pin when connecting the device?
    05-16-09 07:13 AM
    I was using a friends computer, it has windows vista. The desktop manager is 4.7 and everything goes fine until it gets ready to load the phone then it pops up with an error message that it can't continue the process. It has wiped both phones clean and now all that happens is a white screen with 504 under a picture in the middle
    05-16-09 10:02 PM
    Ok. You need to get desktop manager 4.6 without media manager and have it installed on your pc. Then get the OS from the sticky at top of the 83xx forums. Install that. Now, look in my signature from the above post. There's a link to proper upgrade/downgrade. Go there and you'll see different ways to do installs ie"good,better,best". In the best one there is a link to jl_cmdr. Get that and use it to wipe your phone then start desktop manager and do your install.

05-16-09 10:27 PM
    Thanks I will try that Monday and I will let you know how it goes
    05-17-09 01:21 AM
    Thanks for everyones help. My wife's phone has been saved and is in fine working condition again but I still have an issue with the "nuked" 8320. Once again I am following the lecture 101 and am able to catch the phone at the right time for the computer to connect. The problem I have now is when it gets ready to load the software on the screen that says "connecting to jvm" just before it installs when the phone is on battery power again, the phone goes back into the constant reboot so the computer wont reconnect to it and finish the install. Any suggestions?
    05-20-09 02:21 AM
    Did you wipe the BB with JL Commander as suggested?

And did you remove DM 4.7 and install DM 4.6?

05-20-09 02:36 AM
    I did remove 4.7 and install 4.6 and was able to use the JL Commander on my wife's phone but my "nuked" one I tried several times and it just showed an error that it couldn't connect. Is there a special trick to wipe the "nuked" one with the JL Commander?
    05-20-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD