wasn't stolen was it LMAO
    the guy called after i posted add on cl saying i had his lp and car make and said he bought that phone from some other guy blah blah
    11-12-09 04:23 PM
    Did you load the Boostberry service books to see if you could get everything working?
    11-12-09 04:28 PM
    At first I thought you were being a little dramatic, but I didn't know all the details. I would give him 24 hours to respond. Emailing, texting, calling, messaging on caigslist -- EVERYTHING. If he doesn't respond, then something is up, then that's when you bring the cops into it.

Also, if the phone was stolen, would the rep tell you if it was on the stolen phone list or no? I've always wondered that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 04:42 PM
    At first I thought you were being a little dramatic, but I didn't know all the details. I would give him 24 hours to respond. Emailing, texting, calling, messaging on caigslist -- EVERYTHING. If he doesn't respond, then something is up, then that's when you bring the cops into it.

Also, if the phone was stolen, would the rep tell you if it was on the stolen phone list or no? I've always wondered that.

the rep wouldnt tell me just said it was on somebody elses account and couldnt give me anymore more info. i made my cl add last night telling me i had his car info and plate and he called me this afternoon 3 times acting normal like nothing was wrong telling me about blackberry cases on ebay. i told him what the deal was he gives me "the guy he bought the phone from" number and i called him he acted like he didnt know what a blackberry was lol. after i read some articles on here i got the phone working correctly on boost calls browser and mms.
    11-12-09 05:03 PM
    Did you load the Boostberry service books to see if you could get everything working?
    i had a problem with desktop manager on my main laptop which has vista i used a backup laptop that had xp on it followed the directions and got my phone running fine
    11-12-09 05:04 PM
    the rep wouldnt tell me just said it was on somebody elses account and couldnt give me anymore more info. i made my cl add last night telling me i had his car info and plate and he called me this afternoon 3 times acting normal like nothing was wrong telling me about blackberry cases on ebay. i told him what the deal was he gives me "the guy he bought the phone from" number and i called him he acted like he didnt know what a blackberry was lol. after i read some articles on here i got the phone working correctly on boost calls browser and mms.
    Wow, that's crazy! I don't have the courage to buy a phone from craigslist or ebay. Atleast you got it working though. Congrats on that!

11-12-09 06:17 PM
    If the imei was still on someones acct he must have released it eventually, now it sounds like you trying to cover your over reaction in earlier posts about *finding articles* and fixing it yourself.
    What exactly did you do then, to get it working? hmmm
    11-12-09 06:26 PM
    If the imei was still on someones acct he must have released it eventually, now it sounds like you trying to cover your over reaction in earlier posts about *finding articles* and fixing it yourself.
    What exactly did you do then, to get it working? hmmm

if you read this entire post you can see somebody tells me to find an article on this website to work around it which i did. also im sure i acted the same way anyone else would have
    11-12-09 06:56 PM
    I have to comment to those who say not to buy a phone from Craig's List. That's actually the safest way possible way to get a used phone if you follow the rules.

Craig's List is for face to face, cash transactions ONLY, that's pointed out dozens of times on their website. You meet at the wireless store (VZW, AT&T, whoever) and check the ESN/MEID right there!

If you don't follow those rules, bad things can happen! I've bought several phones from Craig's List including my current 8330 with no problems at all but I've always either checked the ESN/MEID or activated the phone before handing over the money, no honest seller will object to that.
    11-12-09 07:16 PM
    I read the entire post, - someone told you resend service books right... ok, great. But this had to have been done after the guy removed his imei from the acct he was on, otherwise you would still be having a major freak out over something you paid way to much for in the first place.
    11-12-09 07:28 PM
    I read the entire post, - someone told you resend service books right... ok, great. But this had to have been done after the guy removed his imei from the acct he was on, otherwise you would still be having a major freak out over something you paid way to much for in the first place.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/bo...tively-241170/ after i was told to search the forums. also the imei is still in use on somebodys account i just got off the phone with boost 5 mins ago. there no point to discuss this further i wasnt trying to backtrack i was pissed and thought i was scammed im still sure he tried to get over on me i did what anyone else would have please get off your horse
    Last edited by mindsouljah; 11-12-09 at 11:23 PM.
    11-12-09 09:18 PM
    also i paid for the phone all the cords with a bluetooth headset if you can find a curvee 8350i for under 150 with all the cords and that please post that useless information in somebody else thread thanks in advance
    11-12-09 09:26 PM
    I'm impressed, not by your story or happenings but by the fact that you took his vehicle info, most people are to oblivious to consider such things.

11-12-09 10:24 PM
    at least a crackberry found a new home and someone to love it!!!awwwww!and good luck!!
    11-13-09 01:25 PM
    First off I have bought SEVERAL BB's off of CL, and always met at Verizon for the exchange. I have only had a problem one time, and it was rectified asap. (The reason I have bought several is because I have a severe addiction to the latest, greatest BB. lol) Second, I am not quite sure WHY the story behind how/why you got it working matters so much to people. You got it working right? Isnt that all that matters? Lets all be honest adults here and admit that we all would be upset if we thought we had been taken for a ride. Regardless of whether you bought your phone from ebay, CL,Verizon store, or from a guy named SloMo out of the back of a 3 wheeled broke down Cadillac in a back alley near a strip joint, you would be seriously upset as well. I am sure he appreciates all those that helped him, so just drop it. No reason to be childish and call someone over dramatic. Third, I'm glad you got your BB working ENJOY!
    11-13-09 05:12 PM
    ok i place an add on craigslist for a blackberry 8350 2 days go buy i get a call about it today i meet the guy at a mall in cleveland heights buy the phone and pay him he leaves. i try to add the phone to my account by calling boost what do i find to my surprise? the imei number is on somebody elses account and there isnt anything they can do. now is there anything that i can do? i got the old man license plate and make of the car before he left so should i just call cleveland heights pd or is there a way i can still use my blackberry phone i payed 200 bucks for?
    was the blackberry red? and did you happen yo buy it on houston? if you did, i think i was behind the same phone haha, i called the guy and asked him if the imei was released and he just hang up the phone. You should always ask if the phone has been released before you buy it.
    11-22-09 02:54 AM
    I sold my VZW Curve on craigslist when I was changing service providers, I just called VZW while the buyer was there to confirm everything and so he would know the phone was in good standing. If you contact the service provider from the phone just ask them before you pay any money. There are actually a lot of good deals on craigslist for phones, not all of them are bad, we just always hear about the bad deals.
    11-22-09 03:13 PM
    Lol I bought my curve off of craigslist and didn't check the esn like a dumbass b/c I was in a rush and it was stolen. Called my buddy at USCC and he checked off unstolen and got my brand new curve for 50 bucks working

11-22-09 03:59 PM
    The rudeness & sarcasm in this thread is ridiculous...

Everyone on CL is not a scamer, I sell things (including phones) on CL all the time.

I've bought a few things off CL, never phones (because I don't buy used phones) & haven't had any issues...

11-22-09 09:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD