I've got a Curve 8310 on the 02 network, i was just upgrading the software from 4.3 - 4.5. It was all going well until i got to the last stage which was re-initializing the device. It seemed to hang for about 20 mins, now all i'm getting is the rotating timer icon, i've done a battery reset and it won't boot the software. I've tried connecting to desktop manager again to do a re-install of my back up but it wont sync with my curve.

Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do to get a working phone again?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-25-08 05:24 PM
    The last step is always the longest. Mine last for about 30 minutes. just a hour glass spinning. YOu should have left it alone. Now you problaby have nuked your berry.. Are you getting a 507 error
    09-25-08 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

and next time have patience and don't touch it lol
    09-25-08 05:28 PM
    09-25-08 05:28 PM
    The last step is always the longest. Mine last for about 30 minutes. just a hour glass spinning. YOu should have left it alone. Now you problaby have nuked your berry.. Are you getting a 507 error
    yea mine took forever also. just let it work buddy
    09-25-08 05:29 PM
    yea mine took forever also. just let it work buddy
    I could have sworn on the instructions to upgrade it said "DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE"
    09-25-08 05:31 PM
    I could have sworn on the instructions to upgrade it said "DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE"

I know, I know, i have no patience! but it all seems to be ok now, i just left it for a while and suddenly it turned on, all upgraded but with out my contact info etc... (breathed a big sigh of relief!) thanks for all the helpful advice.
    09-26-08 04:53 AM
    Did u do a backup.. If not look in your my documents and see if there was a manual back up done..

And u welcome we are here to help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD