I was trying to upgrade to the 4.5.0.55 OS. I followed the instructions in the Newest 8320 OS: v4.5.0.55 thread. All of a sudden, after the install process removed everything from my BB, the Desktop Manager can't see my BB. It says it's disconnected, but the Device Manager shows that it is connected.

Now I can't even restore my BB to my old OS because I can't connect to the Desktop Manager.

Please help!! I'm happy to provide any other necessary details.
    10-09-08 10:22 PM
    Sorry to add to my own post here, but there's now some little icon on the screen with the number 507 below it. That's all it will do is display that little icon (looks like a Window with a circle around it and a slash through it). I've tried taking the battery out also. Nothing is working.
    10-09-08 10:23 PM
    click on the link in my Don't touch my ish to recover nuked berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 10:24 PM
    507 errors means that you nukes your berry, meaning there is no OS installed on your device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 10:25 PM
    The 507 error is a good thing. It just means that there is no OS
    on your device. If you cannot connect, try restarting your PC and
    then start over again.

And to help tae out (when posting from wap there is no sig)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-09-08 10:29 PM
    The 507 error is a good thing. It just means that there is no OS
    on your device. If you cannot connect, try restarting your PC and
    then start over again.

And to help tae out (when posting from wap there is no sig)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    Ha.. i keep switching from my computer to my phone. And forgot lol. sowwy..

Ag always keeps me on my toes.
    10-09-08 10:31 PM
    I've looked at those instructions, but I don't have a App Loader folder in my Research in Motion folder. All I have is a folder called Blackberry. And there is a .dll file called application_loader, but that's it.

I think I'm screwed.
    10-09-08 10:34 PM
    Oh nevermind!! I got it following the command prompt instructions.

Cross your fingers for me!
    10-09-08 10:36 PM
    Crackberry has you covered

Welcome to the family
    10-09-08 10:40 PM
    I remember whe i first Nuked my berry.. **thinks back**
    10-09-08 10:48 PM
    No luck. Even the App Loader Wizard can't connect to my BB.
    10-09-08 10:53 PM
    Try taking the battery out while its plugged in. you have to be quick. when you take the battery out you will see something that pops up in the box that says com1 and com2, i forgot what it will say but when you see it change click next fast and then it will connect.
    10-09-08 10:57 PM
    Restart your PC. While it is restarting take the battery out of
    your phone without turning it off. Leave it out for about a
    minute and the try again.
    I think it might be working now. Instead of selecting the option to back everything up from the App Loader Wizard, I selected the option to just erase everything and load the OS. It seems to be working now...I'll post again in a few minutes.
    Step #2: We need to connect the BlackBerry to the Computer via USB cable. But here's where the tricky part comes in with the Nuked BlackBerry. Do you see in the image above where it says COM1? What we want to do is plug in the BlackBerry, and when COM1 switches to say USB-PIN:UNKNOWN we immediately click Next. This catches the BlackBerry and takes it out of the constant reboot cycle and allows you to then reload the Operating System.

Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

** If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four tries.
    10-09-08 10:59 PM
    It IS working!! I can't thank all of you enough for all the quick and helpful responses!!

I just got my BB a few weeks ago and it's already consuming my life. My husband feels like he's been neglected since I got it! I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I botched the OS upgrade.

Thanks a million to all of you for saving my BB's life!!!
    10-09-08 11:03 PM
    Hey that is fantastic. Now just be patient. It will take a while and
    for a few stretches it will look like it is not doing anything. DO NOT
    for any reason stop the process.
    10-09-08 11:07 PM
    Oh ****! I wish I had read your post a few minutes ago, Amazingly...I'm getting the neverending hourglass and I thought there was something wrong. So I panicked and pulled the battery out. I'm such a noob!

Did I mess it up? When I put the battery back in, the hourglass is still going. It's been a while now. So this is normal?
    10-09-08 11:15 PM
    Ha you just nuked it once again. Now you have to go through the same process again.
    10-09-08 11:25 PM
    The hourglass finally went away after about 15 min and I now have my shiny new 4.5 OS!!! I'm so stoked!
    10-09-08 11:35 PM
    Now that's what we like to hear. You can go back to breathing
    normally now
    10-09-08 11:38 PM
    Glad it all worked out for you
    10-09-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD